• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

438 stroker back from engine builder

3500haulin

Local time
8:29 AM
Reaction score
hey guys I just got my 383 stroked to a 438 back from my builder, My question for the professionals is what gaskets are best for our mopars, cork or rubber and what brand, and with either or do I need to use some silicone gasket maker in unison with them? its a long block so all the goodies I need to still bolt on. Thanks in advance. I have done a couple of motors and my stuff always seems to leak. So im out for a better way LOL:hello2:

get a fel pro kit, and if going high compression i would recommend cometic head gaskets which are multi layer steel, i personally would never use a cork gasket ever again on any engine i build, if you accidently tighten too much they split and leak etc.

if needing to use silicone use RTV silicone, i like to use rtv on any part that is covering an open to oil area, do not use it on any fuel area though

Ask the builder

Auto Transport Service
Back