• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 “in” Day tomorrow!

See! All the worry for nothing lol! Would the headers be Hookers? Mine needed a bash job to clear the torsion bar also. I had some clearance, but as the engine vibrated it would sometimes tap-tap-tap on the bar...annoying. Hammer solved it!(as did switching to TTI later on heehee)
I used Headman. It’s rubbing the mini starter too

I used Headman. It’s rubbing the mini starter too

As far as the headers hitting the torsion bar (hopefully your mounts are new, as they do 'settle' over the years), try loosening your motor mounts and prying the engine up on the side that's hitting. The mounting stands are slotted and allow for movement to level the engine side to side. A bottle jack and a 1" X 2" board under the pan rail has worked for me.
I have Hedman's (about a year old) on my car and they clear my mini starter. Can your starter be 'clocked' differently?

As far as the headers hitting the torsion bar (hopefully your mounts are new, as they do 'settle' over the years), try loosening your motor mounts and prying the engine up on the side that's hitting. The mounting stands are slotted and allow for movement to level the engine side to side. A bottle jack and a 1" X 2" board under the pan rail has worked for me.
I have Hedman's (about a year old) on my car and they clear my mini starter. Can your starter be 'clocked' differently?
Great idea. Didn’t think of that.

Well, since we're on the subject... If you're putting a small block into a 68-70 B body, DOUG'S is the way to go. Other than having to make a tiny little indentation on the pipe nearest the oil filter (and I do mean "tiny"), they cleared everything, and fit like a glove. First time I've used Doug's - and very pleased with the fit.

Well, since we're on the subject... If you're putting a small block into a 68-70 B body, DOUG'S is the way to go. Other than having to make a tiny little indentation on the pipe nearest the oil filter (and I do mean "tiny"), they cleared everything, and fit like a glove. First time I've used Doug's - and very pleased with the fit.

As long as we're STILL on the subject, I said I had Hedmans, but in actuality I have D452 Dougs. Never trust a 73 year old brain to give you factual information...

Nice looking car.
70 Plymouths have the best looking front ends

Nice looking car.
70 Plymouths have the best looking front ends
Yeah, and dat *** ain't bad either!
20180511_152143.jpg

Sorry I am new to this site and dont fully understand how to navigate what i am doing. I thought was messaging an individual. I have a few questions so i do need to figure this site out better.
I have a B&M shifter. I thinks it’s about $200 new.

Auto Transport Service
Back