• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 build

coronetart

Local time
12:20 AM
Reaction score
Looking for help in finding a engine builder that can build a B/RB engine in 600hp range. There are many but which is best? Thanks

Hmm,
Word of mouth is a good assurance...
Welcome to the Forum, thanks for joining!
Tell us about your car and yourself...
Any pics?
There are a couple of guys now on the Forum (Including myself..) building a current 440...
Check out HT413s build....
A Real-Cool dude too!

What type of car?
And you want HP huh?
1. Get a good set of heads...
Again, thanks for joining!

Are you interested in doing the work yourself?
600 isn't that hard to get from a 440...

Looking for help in finding a engine builder that can build a B/RB engine in 600hp range. There are many but which is best? Thanks

I am. But Mike is a site sponsor, is closer and is very good.

Just don't tell who ever you pick to help with the motor that you are not in a hurry. That's the death of a project

Thanks for the input. The motor we pulled from my 65 coronet and hoped to do the top end but on teardown found 2 different head castings on the motor witch made us want to tear the rest apart. Good we did as we found 2 lightly scored cylinders from crap KB cast pistons. Also block is .55 over. So yes, a new engine, I think is the way to go.

I think IQ 52 would do a great job for you, and he knows his stuff. He has built some 440s that have produced huge amounts of horsepower.

Auto Transport Service
Back