• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 cam help

A cam change and converter change (tight 4000 stall for street use) could gain a lot with the current heads. If you can find traction. As the combo is now the .528 cam is a good match the the rest of your parts.

Check out Bullet racing cams SFT tight lash solid lifter Mopar grinds. Talk to Tim Goolsby.

7A813008-CCF6-47BC-8593-18EB54250C59.jpeg

Hi all,

I have a 67 Belvedere.
I am wanting to replace my current cam for more power. Mopar 528 solid (241@50 - 0.528 lift - 112)
I am finding this a total mine field and not getting many responses from most cam company's.
I figure there must be guys with similar combos running more cam.
The 800 DP is planned to be swapped for a 950 DP in the near future
A single plane would be nice but the hood clearance is an issue.
I would consider a rear end ratio change.
Any suggestions for mechanical cam for max power with this combo and a suggestion for the mods above.
More strip than street.

440 .030 over
stock stroke steel crank and rods. ARP bolts
KB 236 hyper 10.5-1 comp
452 heads with mild home porting. 2.12in - 1.74 ex
Edelbrock RPM
800 DP
MSD distributor
1 7/8 headers
3200 stall.
3.55 rear end.

Thanks.
As mentioned have the heads flowed, at your engines level cylinder head flow will make all the difference in the world. I would use a camshaft with a tighter center line. Generally, with a flow limited head you want to open the intake valve sooner, a 108 centerline cam will do that. If you want to get into it buy an engine simulation program, I like performance trends, the info in the manual that comes with it is worth the price alone. Plus all the fun you have building engines with out spending money. I have a real engine dyno and use this program to help with specing customers engines, and it is right 99% of the time when they are finished and on a real dyno. It predicts a lot of stuff like idle vacuum, cranking compression, fuel consumption, injector size if using EFI. Another good one is Pipemax, especially if building or buying headers for your combo.

I bought the CNC ported Stealths. Flow with my Isky 292 cam is 278 at .500 lift, 242@050. Don’t know where that would land on your combo. Mine were 2600 to my door with the upgraded springs, retainers and 7 degree locks.
sorry 10 degree locks

Auto Transport Service
Back