• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 carnage photos

Has the rocker shaft suffered from lack of oil supply or not enough side clearance on the rocker arm?

ineptizoid_buzzcrap_zpslii5adoq.jpg

Correct me if im wrong, aren't Indy rockers T&D?? Or not any more?
The Indy (Dove) Rockers are junk! I switched out to T&D and no comparison. T&D rockers use roller bearings on the shaft, the Indy's do not!

The Indy (Dove) Rockers are junk!

Thats a shame. I wonder what the back story is there. Dove has always had a solid reputation in this area and they were huge in the Ford world once upon a time. They even lucked into a oppourtunity to buy some of the original tooling and plans for orignal FE engines. Maybe they started outsourcing to compete?? Their Mopar rockers are super low price. When I bought my Indy heads back in '04 I thought I was told then that they were T&D's, hence my question, but they don't have roller bearings on the shaft for sure, so they've either changed, or I'm mis-remembering!

Thats a shame. I wonder what the back story is there. Dove has always had a solid reputation in this area and they were huge in the Ford world once upon a time. They even lucked into a oppourtunity to buy some of the original tooling and plans for orignal FE engines. Maybe they started outsourcing to compete?? Their Mopar rockers are super low price. When I bought my Indy heads back in '04 I thought I was told then that they were T&D's, hence my question, but they don't have roller bearings on the shaft for sure, so they've either changed, or I'm mis-remembering!

A bit off topic, but does anyone know the brand of the red colored 1.6:1 rockers that Koffels was selling for the B-1 B/S heads?

Plenty of threads showing on those adjusters. I like having 1 or 2
Two is my limit but strive for less.

I don't think they are T&D. Several reports of the Indy rockers breaking.

I think the intake pushrod is bent too?
Maybe the exhaust pushrod bent, and fell out of the adjuster, then beat the rocker to death.
Those Rockers look like Harlan Sharpe? They are pretty good, but I don't know the lift and spring pressure used here? I mean the rocker could have cracked? sounds like not too may cycles on them?

Also, what type of rocker side clearance?
Indy rockers have a long history of failure but don't know if it's caused by customers or not. And didn't know T&D had aluminum rockers....and I'm one that does not like aluminum rockers.

Auto Transport Service
Back