• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 Engine in a 1962 Fury and which radiator is recommended

I sure wasn't aware that I could purchase a different water pump... Would it be wise to also buy a higher capacity one if it is available?

I sure wasn't aware that I could purchase a different water pump... Would it be wise to also buy a higher capacity one if it is available?
440 source sells an aluminum wp housing with the lower neck on the driver's side, and a high flow water pump.
I'm using both, no complaints. Paint em both engine color if you want, no one will know.....

khryslerkid is correct that radiator will fit. vender phone number 773-599-3067. Same radiator for sale on Ebay. For a shroud you could use dominator part# DOM-545-BK from Summit racing. The suggestion to use the water pump from 440 Source is also correct. Please Post what vendor you are currently using that has nothing.

khryslerkid is correct that radiator will fit. vender phone number 773-599-3067. Same radiator for sale on Ebay. For a shroud you could use dominator part# DOM-545-BK from Summit racing. The suggestion to use the water pump from 440 Source is also correct. Please Post what vendor you are currently using that has nothing.
Thanks and I went ahead and ordered in from Summit a water pump with the bottom housing on the driver's side so now I have options for a new two core radiator. I was going to order the 440 Source but needed other parts and had a cart full of stuff at Summit so got a Procomp pump coming. For the radiator with the bottom on the passenger side I shopped Performance Cooling initially but also shopped Summit, Jeg's, Be Cool, Champion and Cold Case but I didn't call and again I couldn't find one that also was equipped with auto trans cooler ports. As I went to EBAY AUTOCITY1958 for that recommendation I saw RB radiators but again until receiving the tip to swap out my water pump I wasn't able to find the 22" core, 1 3/4" bottom on the passenger side with the auto trans cooler line hook ups. Gotta say at 70 I just tend to lose my patience and step away from the computer screen! I did see that I was going to have an issue with the oil filter on the drivers side but ordered in a relocation kit to move it away for that bottom hose clearance now too. I will now stick the old radiator in to at least start this 440 up to hear it run thru those new Doug's headers into 3 inch exhaust with flowmasters, take it for a drive for sure and then try to get some help with the aluminum heads and the fuel injection... Oh and the three or four boxes of new disc brakes and power booster master cylinder to install. At 70 I hope I live long enough to get it all done....

Auto Transport Service
Back