• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 engine stand mounting

Engine gets strapped up tight to the front of the truck bed.
In the event of an accident, I don’t have a 700 pound projectile flying through the air.

Loaded in my truck box and driven 30 miles on bumpy roads over to my paint man and then back.. not an issue!

Can you just imagine the strain on the whole upright structure !!! The only secure part is the base and its so low on the bed I can't see how those straps prevented the whole thing from tipping at the first curve. I think you got off lucky !!

Make a box so engine sit on perimeter of oil pan on side rails. Milodon oil pans with kicked outsides would need something different . Bolt some long 2x4s so reduce tipping when transporting .

I appreciate the banter guys and know I was pressing my luck, but read this resurrected thread back to the start and you'll realize the question was "is this strong enough" and "don't buy a cheap stand". My post was to show if it survived what I did, he'd have no issues in his shop with his!.. and yes I had a 2x4 jammed under the pan by the balancer

With a quality stand the only concern is getting the weight centered properly so it is easy to turn on not flop over being top heavy.My stand is older than me and a Cummings engine didn't strain it!

3.19.12 (6).JPG 3.19.12 (7).JPG 3.19.12.JPG

Guy was selling a 5hp air compressor made a deal but hexhad to deliver it. He had a flatbed like Hemi-itis hual up on bed didn't tie it down well. It fell over broke the cranknose off.

Auto Transport Service
Back