• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 is coming apart. Pictures

Let the fun begin. Time to check the traction efficiency of your tires.
There is none. Lol. It’s a peg leg with 275/60/15 Coopers. The shop punched it in their parking lot and laid a single black mark for 75 feet.

Glad it's running better. If you get a chance, I would be interested in what the new cranking compression is with the new Isky cam.

Years ago a freind of mine experimented with changing air pressure in the tire, the traction loss one, to see if he could get both to stripe. He was successful. One of the things we used to do when growing up as gear heads and not being party hounds. Our excitement was hitting Valley Parkway in Escondido every Friday/saturday, during the mid to late 70's, before the heat started clamping down.

LOL I remember those days. Early 60s for me. We threw lengths of chain in the trunk over the right rear. Most all of my high school rides were pretty slow. My dad was a sgt on the South Gate PD and didnt want his son being the town terror. Now after Viet Nam and my divorce things changed fast. Single with a good job. I bought a 1962 solid lifter 375hp Ford 390 with a 4 speed top loader and a detroit locker in the rear. She would hang with a fast tri power GTO. Loved that car. Traded it for a 51 Merc with a 394 Olds and a 4 speed hydro. Thing was wicked across an intersection.

Put all my parts up for local trade in for sale if you know anyone looking.

Auto Transport Service
Back