• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 Source Rocker Arms

guysrt

Local time
12:18 PM
Reaction score
Is anyone using these rocker arms? I have heard alot of talk about the roller bearings they use where the rocker mounts on the shaft. Some say good some say bad. I kind of worry about oil control with these, although it may not be a problem, I don't know.

Sorry, just chompin at the bit to get these parts together. I'll try to relax a little.:grin:

Thanks 64cubed, I am trying to put together a combo that won't kill my bank account. Those rockers look like they will just add to the costs in the long run. I hope that 440 source gets the problems worked out. I will be running a hyd roller, so spring pressures will probably be a little higher than what he was running also. Thanks again for the link.

I use the comp rollers and it's all I can do not to gush endlessly about them.
But then, they are just rocker arms. Damn good ones.

Rev.

Somewhere, sorry I cant remember where, I read that the earliest iterations of that product DID have some problem with the bearing wearing out quick, I have read that since than 440 source has fixed the problem. I dunno, it seems like a lot of products like that it is worth throwing out the extra money for proven tested componiants that will last for a LONG time and have proven themselves at the strip and on the track. However, I have not read one single, negative thing about there stroker kits and I plan on using one when I build a stroked 400 for my 66 Satellite.

I have Never used them myself, but I have heard two different stories about them from two different people that don't know each other, One is Good, the other is Bad, It's not much, but I hope this helps.

All I can say if you’re running a roller cam Hyd. or Mec. With heavy spring pressure stick with the Harlyn Sharp. A lot of the roller rockers will work fine under light rpm loads but when you get over 6000 rpm failures happen. However I have used several different roller rockers on different motors with mechanical flat tappet cams with out a problem, and well over 6 grand. From the cam engineers I have spoken with they all point to the high spring pressure as a cause for failure. I know i went thru this last summer.

All I can say if you’re running a roller cam Hyd. or Mec. With heavy spring pressure stick with the Harlyn Sharp. A lot of the roller rockers will work fine under light rpm loads but when you get over 6000 rpm failures happen. However I have used several different roller rockers on different motors with mechanical flat tappet cams with out a problem, and well over 6 grand. From the cam engineers I have spoken with they all point to the high spring pressure as a cause for failure. I know i went thru this last summer.

I shy away from Rollers,.....NOTHING beats Mechanical as far as Dependability.

I shy away from Rollers,.....NOTHING beats Mechanical as far as Dependability.

:yes:

Rocker Arm Shaft Mount Ductile Iron (All PNs).jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back