• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

5.7 Crate - which one...

Yes it sucks so bad that (Mopar)speed cost so much, but even a 5,7 will be GREAT fun!!!!
If you feel a 6.4 may be worth the money, try a take out engine, you can find them for about the price of a crate 5.7 or a touch less. I am sure these are things you are finding out for yourself.
If you have the time, try and drive a new 6.4 car from a friend or go to dealer and play like you may want to buy.
This may help sway you, into going for the 6.4 or the 5.7 may be plenty.
Although, that was a BAD idea for me, LOL, as I saw how much more power the 6.4 had over the 5.7.
The other thing is with a manual transmission and your 5.7 Hemi , it will be a monster!

I am guilty, as most of us are of getting part/HP fever when building up a project.
In the first project out line you pick just what you need to make it happen, and by the 4th or 5th revised list you have added every fancy, go fast goodie under the sun, and the project tripled in price, and is now out of my budget!!:lol:

If you go by factory HP rating a 440 was 375HP, and the 5.7 gen3 is 383HP, so if looking at it like that, you cant loose!!
My issue with my 69 Charger, is not the HP, its the instant torque, the big blocks have, and that low rpm snap your head back, throttle stab I love.(in stock form the 383 has more torque at lower rpm, then the 5.7 Hemi, even thought the Hemi has about 80 more HP!!)
I am not trying to drive around at 90MPH every where, all day anymore, doing the speed limit on back roads is fine for me now, I just want to get to that limit, quick!!!

I have to say that my 10 Challenger with the 5.7 and the manual is an awesome car to drive so I am thinking a 5.7 might not be too bad. I am leaning towards the 6.4 but got to get some $$ and look when I have the ability to buy.

Stroke a 5.7, they put out like, well, you know.

Stroke a 5.7, they put out like, well, you know.

Not real interested in building another engine, I want something that is new and runs. I've had my fair share of building a variety of the old school engines (and still am from time to time), now I am looking for something that is going to run from the beginning, be reliable, etc. Yes I know you can make old school engines fast and reliable, but its time for some G3 action.

Auto Transport Service
Back