• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

5.7 Hemi Swap Donor ?

WAYNES WORLD

Local time
4:35 PM
Reaction score
My future plan is to install a 5.7 Hemi into my 66 Coronet so I’m keeping an eye open for any potential swap parts. I came across someone selling a wrecked 2004 Durango. I would be using another trans so the issue of it being 4 wheel drive is not a concern but will the accessary brackets work in the b-body or are there any other reasons the truck engines aren’t good sources for a swap?
Wayne

Who told you truck engines are not good for swaps???? I will tell you right now they are full of SH!t! I used a truck engine/trans in my swap and it's just fine. The biggest difference is the acc. are up high on truck engines vs. low on car engines.

No one told me the truck engines were not good for swaps, I knew there were some differences between the car and truck but I just didn't know if one was better that the other. Thanks for the information on the acc drive arrangement. I will not be using the AC but I do have the PS on my car.

Auto Transport Service
Back