• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

500 cfm center carb?

Not exactly.... and it doesn't have anything to do with "Ford" but it has everything to do with "Holley".
1. You can get OEM 500cfm Holley 2-barrels on Fords, Mopars and others too....Chevy, Pontiac?
2. I don't think that how the passages of a Holley main body match up with passages on metering bodies are "universal", but I'm not positive on that. I'm not sure if you can "mix & match" parts like that.
3. The main issues I see with a 500 cfm center carburetor are:
a. how linkage connects with outboard carburetors
b. the "D" shape of six pack throats. I think Fords are the same and Chevies have a slight "V" shape on the flat part of the "D".

Here's a question..... The baseplate of the center Mopar six pack carburetor has smaller "butterflies" than the outboard carbs. Is there a way to swap out JUST the baseplate & get 500 cfm or is the venturi of the center carburetor what limits it to 325 cfm?

As for parts swapability they both are pretty generic. The center 6bbl carb has a smaller venturi and throttle blades than the 4412 does so you can't just swap them. The center 6bbl carb has a unique throttle arm attachment that need too be swapped onto the 4412 not that hard too do. The 4412 also needs the vacuum port added too the body, also not that hard too do. Then the round air cleaner base need too be changed from round too a "D" shape not mission imposable.

As for parts swapability they both are pretty generic. The center 6bbl carb has a smaller venturi and throttle blades than the 4412 does so you can't just swap them. The center 6bbl carb has a unique throttle arm attachment that need too be swapped onto the 4412 not that hard too do. The 4412 also needs the vacuum port added too the body, also not that hard too do. Then the round air cleaner base need too be changed from round too a "D" shape not mission imposable.

Ya, forgot to mention when I converted to the stock style vacum ends, I got a stock throttle shaft & modified it for the larger throttle blades of the 4412. Don't recall a real big performance gain from the 500 in back to back testing.

Auto Transport Service
Back