• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

502" build open for criticism

That is disheartening to hear about the 6 pack. Can you be more specific about what problems I will likely have? BTW that is Smithtown LI. Long Island Mopars is sponsering a cruise night every Sat 5-10PM starting April 17. MAybe I'll see you there.

Sundance, You're right. Would 500.2" make more sense? I do not have a part # for the pistons. I am purchasing them from Mancini Racing. They are a forged Diamond piston, I will try to get the part # Monday, assuming they are closed Sat.

The chambers are 84cc. I was under the impression with a longer stroke the comp ratio would go up. Anyway, if it is in fact 10.98:1, am I pushing my luck with pump gas?

You can run pumped gas,but it all depends on the cam you pic..... I'm running 11.7:1 comp on my 500ci stroker but I have a cam that allows me to bleed off some compression with valve over lap..Later when I buy some aluminum heads I'll toss the cam and bump the compression back up.
Your compression all depends on the pistons you get,the lower they sit in the bore the lower the comp.

My thought is it's not so much with the carbs but the intake itself. It's a divided plenum dual plane and may not like a lot of cam. Don't know for sure. I will hopefully have a 440 together and running soon for the very purpose of testing the factory six pack with a few different cams.

Auto Transport Service
Back