• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

6 pack high rise

Rob, did you ask if the mods had been made? I really do regret not trying one of those in the day, but I was playing with my 2x4 tunnel ram.
I suspect the TF heads would like that manifold especially if you are spinning the motor to 6000 RPM.
The carbs aren't cheap but if you keep your eye open reasonably priced can be found.
Well I didn't know the six pack carbs didn't have accelerator pumps on them but if I can find a set of marine carbs they have them which would help alot plus I run a vertex magneto

It's a early 80's 440 Super Stock piece. Very impressive, but generally need lots of modification to make them run good back in the day. The Mopar Bible P4452790 page 333 & 334 Figure 6-83 has their recommendations for a Super Stock motor. I'd do the manifold mods in Fig 6-83 & play with the jetting.
I knew a few guys that used the Weiand manifold, no mods weren't any faster than the stock Edelbrock 6 pack manifold 7 carbs. A couple that used the Mopar combination did OK. But there are a few guys that have different combo's. Maybe check with Biomedtechguy, he's done a lot of investigation.
That is always the best way play in you knowledge.

Well I didn't know the six pack carbs didn't have accelerator pumps on them but if I can find a set of marine carbs they have them which would help alot plus I run a vertex magneto

There are six pack carbs that have the accelerator pumps and would work with the mechanical linkage setup. I don't know what the numbers are, but someone on here does. Again takes tuning. If you understand how Holley's work and have patience, I'me sure that could be very streetable.
I think Direct Connection (Mopar Performance) even sold a set with the accelerator pump end carbs.

There are six pack carbs that have the accelerator pumps and would work with the mechanical linkage setup. I don't know what the numbers are, but someone on here does. Again takes tuning. If you understand how Holley's work and have patience, I'me sure that could be very streetable.
I think Direct Connection (Mopar Performance) even sold a set with the accelerator pump end carbs.
There was an interesting thread about using and modifying cheap corvette tripower carbs for a 440. Search "Tri power carbs on a 440 six barrel"@Sonny
Sonny used some cheap corvette center carbs with accelerator pumps, converted to side hung bowls for clearance, and used a mechanical linkage.
Might just work on that bigass weiand.

There is a local guy around here having good luck running that intake with fuel injected six pack.

Mechanical numbers are 4782 & 4783 Fuel inlets are on the drivers side.

6pakmechcarbs (1).jpg sixpack fuel log.jpg

In 1977 I bought a 1970 V code 4spd Dana60 4.10 Road Runner . The 6 pack had been removed and replaced with a CH4B and Carter carb . I found a 6 pack intake and bought the mechanical - non vacuum - end carbs . I think I got them from DC . Engine had 11.5:1 TRW's , .570 solid cam , 906 heads with 2.14" and 1.81" valves , Ported by a racer buddy with advice from Bob Joehnck , Harland Sharp rockers , thorley headers etc . It went to RoadRunner heaven in about 1981 or so , wish I had it back . The long and the short of it is that the mechanical carbs worked great , I had adjustable linkage to enable full 6bbl at initial throttle , or let the rod slide through the secondary carbs levers for peaceful daily driving back and forth to high school .

In 1977 I bought a 1970 V code 4spd Dana60 4.10 Road Runner . The 6 pack had been removed and replaced with a CH4B and Carter carb . I found a 6 pack intake and bought the mechanical - non vacuum - end carbs . I think I got them from DC . Engine had 11.5:1 TRW's , .570 solid cam , 906 heads with 2.14" and 1.81" valves , Ported by a racer buddy with advice from Bob Joehnck , Harland Sharp rockers , thorley headers etc . It went to RoadRunner heaven in about 1981 or so , wish I had it back . The long and the short of it is that the mechanical carbs worked great , I had adjustable linkage to enable full 6bbl at initial throttle , or let the rod slide through the secondary carbs levers for peaceful daily driving back and forth to high school .
Mechanical numbers are 4782 & 4783 Fuel inlets are on the drivers side.

View attachment 1140153 View attachment 1140155

Wow! that's interesting now all have to do is find them!

Ya I would like to find a set of mechanical carbs

Auto Transport Service
Back