• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

600hp V12 Merc

MarPar

If it weighs, it pays
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:57 AM
Reaction score
No, not that Mercury. lol

Instead of hijacking @Ghostrider 67 thread about staying home, I figured I would make a new thread.

I figure with all of us being gearheads here, it would have some interest. I get it, it's not the every-man's outboard; but ya gotta admit, it's bad-***.

600hp V-12 with a 2-speed transmission built in!! 0-30 in 8 seconds and a top speed of 60+ mph. I know 8 seconds doesn't sound like much, but when you are pushing 50,000#'s+...

Discuss...

I don’t like outboards. Seen too many get hurt cause the driver forgot to put it in neutral. A jet boat, the worst thing is it’ll suck up a rope.

If you want to get there fast take a Mercury. If you want to get home take a Yamaha.

Well, Im glad I didn't bomb yer thread then. lol

thread hijack.jpg

@wahya

This is the original video you saw in the other thread. I changed it shortly after I found the above video. I thought the second video had the dog in it, but alas it did not. Sorry for the confusion. I was posting whilst working. lol

I don't do boats, but pretty sure to Mercury, every motor they make is a race motor so it is worth at least 30K. 90% of the motor is plastic, including that new one that is 77k.

@wahya

This is the original video you saw in the other thread. I changed it shortly after I found the above video. I thought the second video had the dog in it, but alas it did not. Sorry for the confusion. I was posting whilst working. lol

Would have been a much more stable if he put it on a 16' V-hull boat instead of a flat bottom.

I don't do boats, but pretty sure to Mercury, every motor they make is a race motor so it is worth at least 30K. 90% of the motor is plastic, including that new one that is 77k.
Must be some kind of heavy duty plastic at 1260 pounds!

I agree, that's bad-***! If it takes 3 or 4 of them to power one boat, that's bad. And, if you spend that much money, you're an ***.

Auto Transport Service
Back