• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

62 1st outing the good, and the bad

Well some updates. In addition to the trans it had some strange oil pressure readings. Very high cold. On the low side when hot. Good thing the trans didn't work limiting us to one pass. Guy that built the engine came and looked at it for the oil pressure issues. He inadvertently crossed the remote oil filter lines. No oil going thru the filter. The only flow was from the additional -6 line plumbed as extra measure to the rear of the oil galley. This turned out to be unfiltered due to the routing. Pulled the pan. Bearings will need replacement. Engine is coming out today for a total teardown and inspection. The trans was tested for pressure 50psi in reverse. None in forward. Pretty sue there a valve body issue. We'll address that as well.
Doug

Well some updates. In addition to the trans it had some strange oil pressure readings. Very high cold. On the low side when hot. Good thing the trans didn't work limiting us to one pass. Guy that built the engine came and looked at it for the oil pressure issues. He inadvertently crossed the remote oil filter lines. No oil going thru the filter. The only flow was from the additional -6 line plumbed as extra measure to the rear of the oil galley. This turned out to be unfiltered due to the routing. Pulled the pan. Bearings will need replacement. Engine is coming out today for a total teardown and inspection. The trans was tested for pressure 50psi in reverse. None in forward. Pretty sue there a valve body issue. We'll address that as well.
Doug
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I guess you never know what you might run into.

Man you got lucky on that oil issue.... 1 more pass probably would have cooked a lot of parts. When a buddy and mine built FFR cobras he hooked his remote filter backwards, on that though it was zero pressure, found it pretty quick

Man you got lucky on that oil issue.... 1 more pass probably would have cooked a lot of parts. When a buddy and mine built FFR cobras he hooked his remote filter backwards, on that though it was zero pressure, found it pretty quick
Bummer with a capital B, but y'all got to it before old man Murphy reared his ugly head. This only means it is going to run even faster once it resurfaces. Wish I was closer to lend an extra hand and eyes.

It would have had zero pressure if not for the sencondary feed line.
Doug

It means I have to wait even longer for Doug's impressions of the modded ModMan...
:poke: :lol:

Motor is out and off for repair. Trans is disasembled. Nothing stands out. I believe the problem to be the valve body. It's a Griner brake VB. There is no contact with him anymore. It'll get my spare Chetah RMVB. I have a friend who knows Griners VB's. I'll take it to him when we get caught up.
Doug

Wow, that sucks Doug. Hoping you find no more issues. Best of luck on the reassembly.

Auto Transport Service
Back