• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

62-5 pushbutton tranny????

barbee6043

Local time
12:35 PM
Reaction score
I sneaked over from the FABO site. question: i'm piecing back a 63 dart, slant, I have a pushbutton tranny, has LONG tailshaft, I assume it to be either from b body or pickup.( friend gave it to me and he has no clue where he got it), I dropped in the eng and trans yesterday, the trans crossmember would require offset insulator. did the b body slant use a crossmember that u sed an offset insulator?????? I will have to fab a driveshaft anyway, but trying to use what I have. thanks for any insight......

What are you putting it in? If it's an early b-body,You need the 63-65 rear cross member!

He says it's going in a 63 Dart , Steve, I think you got a 727 6 cyl, trans the tail and mount are way longer, you need a 904 6cyl push button trans for that dart .
Russ

I should look closer at pan. if a 727 it would have been out of truck???? I admit i'm piecing a roller back from the dead. LOL... the tailshaft is fiting in tunnel with no appearant problem. seems like Mopar could have taken the GM approach and let fit all!?????

Auto Transport Service
Back