• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

62 Only

My 3705s have had all of the choke stuff removed, so I can't answer the question for them or 3447s, but if it has a choke (and 3447s did) then I think it must have a fast idle cam.

My 3705s have had all of the choke stuff removed, so I can't answer the question for them or 3447s, but if it has a choke (and 3447s did) then I think it must have a fast idle cam.

I was thinking the same thing but I guess not.

3705-2w.jpg

3705-4w.jpg

They did have the unique valve in the choke plate to prevent choking out.
3705-7w.jpg

Max Wedge and Race Hemi Carburetors

Who doesn’t love this thread! My ‘62 Savoy was purchased new by my grandmother came off the assembly line in December 1961 I believe. After being passed around the family came to me 44 years ago somewhat beat up from being a daily driver she didn’t get much TLC. I’ve got it back in good running shape keeping it original as possible but let’s face it I’ve had to replace a lot of parts. Great solid car she loves to run and I love to drive it. Most people don’t know what the heck it is!

P.S. I’m in the Detroit area and looking for a reputable shop to rebuild the 727. Routinely gets stuck in first gear and getting to be a slow shift into third gear sometimes. Any recommendations?

TKMSavoy: I may have a couple of rebuild options for you, but first ....
- have you checked the basics (fluid, filter, linkage, etc.)?
- does it act the same when you shift manually?
- do you have a '62 Factory Service Manual? If not, you can access one on www.mymopar.com
- will you be removing the trans. for repair/rebuild?
- "Detroit area"?
- You can send me a "Private Message" if you prefer.

TKMSavoy: I may have a couple of rebuild options for you, but first ....
- have you checked the basics (fluid, filter, linkage, etc.)?
- does it act the same when you shift manually?
- do you have a '62 Factory Service Manual? If not, you can access one on www.mymopar.com
- will you be removing the trans. for repair/rebuild?
- "Detroit area"?
- You can send me a "Private Message" if you prefer.

Yes, the basics are all checked out. I did not try to shift it manually I will try that to see if it acts the same. I do have a factory service manual and I would not be removing the trans for rebuild. I live in Troy but generically identified it as the Detroit area. Thanks so much for your response and for sending the list of vendors, much appreciated!

I see that Doug (dvw) sent you a PM. He's worked on my '62 and I would highly recommend him.

Auto Transport Service
Back