• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

62 Only

Mike i like the stance on that white one. I though they looked to much like they were trying to get away from the 50s with the show room 62s. I always thought if i ever got mine which i did and it only took untill i was 50 and the car had been in the garage almost as long that it needed a beefier look. Of course being a convertible its not a race car But what do you thing of creating that stance with tires on the 62 convertible. I didn't want to get into any major suspension changes

IMG_20150808_171917873.jpg
my 62

Eye candy at MCACN No 62's though!
20171118_092926.jpg
20171118_112915.jpg
20171118_112900.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice example of a 62 Savoy owned by a nice man named Barry Ward he claims it is an original 383 that was a special fleet order for the PD. It was showing at Florida Mopar last week

20171111_123146.jpg 20171111_122819.jpg

62 parts are hard to come by as many are not interchangeable. Im looking for a couple pieces to upgrade. Head light bezel, hood, some stainless trim, rear chrome belt mouldings and the piece i absolutely can not find is metal header bracket that holds the rubber between the carriage and windshield. I understand they all rusted out because the where the water would sit. It will only fit dodge/ plymouth convertibles 62-63

Very nice example of a 62 Savoy owned by a nice man named Barry Ward he claims it is an original 383 that was a special fleet order for the PD. It was showing at Florida Mopar last week

View attachment 541107 View attachment 541108
I bought my 62 361hp engine from Barry Ward, he was selling it because he was putting in his 62 a 383 2/4 set up and did not need the 361.
May not be the same car through.

So Many threads out there. Lots of good ones but i want to talk about the Unicorns. The 62s a year that was one of a kind. The year that looked different depending on it was an early model or late year model. Some guys are purest i'm not into matching numbers but that's my opinion and probably has to do with the fact that my dad put a 383 in mine 50 plus years ago. I just put 4 wheel disc and i am making mine a little more modern. Last year I traveled 1200 miles to Carlisle only find a grand total of 5 62s and only one convertible (that's what i have) I go to the occasional car show plenty of late 60s there but rarely any 62s may find one at Garlits in two weeks but no convertibles. I would love some pictures and here some stories. I only have one reference when i have a question and that's Joe Suchy and i know hes tired of getting emails from me. I would like to create a community for those of us who still have or love and can share knowledge of 62 Mopars.
motor in my 62 max clone a 500 strkr 4-30,s big solid cam cheeter slicks and no seat belts

max.jpg

I bought my 62 361hp engine from Barry Ward, he was selling it because he was putting in his 62 a 383 2/4 set up and did not need the 361.
May not be the same car through.
Thats funny because i questioned it when he told me it was original. I have a 383 in mine and i don't know of any documentation showing any put in original in 62. I then walk over to Joe Suchey and told him. He said i have never herd of that and Joe probably knows more about 62-65 b body's than anyone alive

Mike, they're '63s, wrong thread! :lol:

Still nice to look at though.
Yep. I can take them out. There weren't any 62's that I could see. Not many early B bodies. Of course it is the "Muscle car" nationals. A dual quad 413 in a 62 Dart wasn't a muscle car? LOL

Yep. I can take them out. There weren't any 62's that I could see. Not many early B bodies. Of course it is the "Muscle car" nationals. A dual quad 413 in a 62 Dart wasn't a muscle car? LOL

No, don't take them out. It's crazy to see the changes made to the '63. Good comparison photos to see.

The '62 was a big gamble to start with, downsizing the model to compete with the other manufacturers that were rumored to be doing the same but didn't. It still amazes me to think of all of the tooling that was created to make a vehicle for just one year, and not reuse them the following year.

https://www.hemmings.com/magazine/hmn/2016/04/1962-Dodge-Dart/3749616.html?amp=1

No, don't take them out. It's crazy to see the changes made to the '63. Good comparison photos to see.

The '62 was a big gamble to start with, downsizing the model to compete with the other manufacturers that were rumored to be doing the same but didn't. It still amazes me to think of all of the tooling that was created to make a vehicle for just one year, and not reuse them the following year.

https://www.hemmings.com/magazine/hmn/2016/04/1962-Dodge-Dart/3749616.html?amp=1
Kid .... Man... your 62 is going to be the Benchmark car on this site!! You have set the Bar to quite a level of perfection!!!! 10 atta Boys! Happy Thanksgiving !!

I'll have to pull out some drawings my Dad did in styling. I think that is one of his drawings.
Doug
That would be really cool.

1 of the few to have survived in Australia; where only 200 were available. Note the Fratzog (I think that's what they are called) horn button but with a stock Plymouth dash.

20171027_094756.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back