• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

62 Only

Those are pretty pieces!

It's a mad mad mad mad world...Loved it for the old Mopes,funny movie.

See how Dog has the same interior as mine but his has the Deluxe steering wheel. The options were all over the place. The Polara 500 was the High End vehicle and you will notice that mine has no power anything and no radio. It was buyer ordered that way.
View attachment 534652

And no carpet either??!! Factory 1 of 1 :lol:

Six-T-Too
11201893_679833368788226_4336369560479482186_n.jpg

When in Ocala next week for Garlits mopar meet i can check with Joe. Are you looking for the plastic piece that holds the gages? if so manual or automatic, also do you know which one i believe there were 2 that were completely different
Here's a photo of my dash looking for the same thing. I have better pic's of the dash but this one was the handiest to toss out and show the type of dash. I have a '63 Fury with a '62 dash as I liked the look of it better than '63 it had with the big ranch style gauges.

20170706_162000.jpg

So Many threads out there. Lots of good ones but i want to talk about the Unicorns. The 62s a year that was one of a kind. The year that looked different depending on it was an early model or late year model. Some guys are purest i'm not into matching numbers but that's my opinion and probably has to do with the fact that my dad put a 383 in mine 50 plus years ago. I just put 4 wheel disc and i am making mine a little more modern. Last year I traveled 1200 miles to Carlisle only find a grand total of 5 62s and only one convertible (that's what i have) I go to the occasional car show plenty of late 60s there but rarely any 62s may find one at Garlits in two weeks but no convertibles. I would love some pictures and here some stories. I only have one reference when i have a question and that's Joe Suchy and i know hes tired of getting emails from me. I would like to create a community for those of us who still have or love and can share knowledge of 62 Mopars.
I'm redoing a 62 dart 440 having a group and a forum just 4 62s would be great
I think the 62 model year line up were the coolest looking cars ever !

Your car is perfect as is ,a car that was crap to start ok that's fine put a viper motor in. A perfect car nope wash and wax it and enjoy​

Mines going in the barn on Monday.No room in shop for car and drive train build. 67 440, fully ported 516 heads with the bigger exhaust valves and double springs, std bore replacement cast pistons, 030 higher in the hole than stock 67s, mp rods,extreme energy 275 intake, 287 exhaust,.525 lift in and out, torker intake, 3310 holley 2" tubes,3000 stall,68b diff with a truss and 3.91s. DAMN,I'm tired just typing it let alone doing it!

IMG_0083.JPG

And no carpet either??!! Factory 1 of 1 :lol:
Give me some time! Lol

The hardest part about having new upholstery done on these, is the front buckets have carpet on them, the back and the stretch section on the bottom. So you have to find the carpet for the floor and have extra for your upholstery place. Most extra carpet has the hard glue on the backing and that won't work for the stretch section. I'm still working on a shop that can make it all come together.

Give me some time! Lol

The hardest part about having new upholstery done on these, is the front buckets have carpet on them, the back and the stretch section on the bottom. So you have to find the carpet for the floor and have extra for your upholstery place. Most extra carpet has the hard glue on the backing and that won't work for the stretch section. I'm still working on a shop that can make it all come together.

Just messing around mate. Your car is coming along very nicely and good luck with upholstery!

As I said before I just put 4 wheel disk brakes on now I need larger rims to fit the calipers. I'm not ready to spend a bunch until the car is completely finished. I need to find some rollers for the garage. Everything I find and keep trying has the wrong offset. Does anyone have any idea of a newer model junk yard car I could pull some old tires and rims off. Around me there are no junk yards with old cars.

Who's brake kit ? I have SSBC 4 wheel discs and stock 15'' Chrysler wheels fit. You may also want to try Ford Crown Vic late model.They are popular cop and taxi cars along with the blue hair crowd.Should be some in the wrecking yards.

I talked to that guy at Beaver Springs. Stated that he bought if from the original owner. It's a real 413 Max Wedge car, with upgrades. He has more lettering and signage on it now.
That's cool.

Damn............... I missed beaver springs this year.

Auto Transport Service
Back