• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

63 Only

IMG_1731.jpg
I need help decoding
IMG_1731.jpg

Man, I'd know that car anywhere! Well, at least until someone starts 'changing' stuff. That's Nick Mahintorabi's original Max Wedge Sport Fury. He bought that as a first car in 1980 when previous owner had dropped a 440 in it. Then had the vision to keep it until you bought it. (Wife and kids, ya know the story). Anyway, he moved his family from Glendale, CA to E. Memphis, TN and never took the car with him/them. It was restored by Cleyon Loonsfoot (white '62 Savoy drag car MOPARCLEYON) of Riverside, CA but originally from Missouri. Here's a picture of your car in my garage before I moved all my Mopar stuff in it.
DSC02420.JPG

Man, I'd know that car anywhere! Well, at least until someone starts 'changing' stuff. That's Nick Mahintorabi's original Max Wedge Sport Fury. He bought that as a first car in 1980 when previous owner had dropped a 440 in it. Then had the vision to keep it until you bought it. (Wife and kids, ya know the story). Anyway, he moved his family from Glendale, CA to E. Memphis, TN and never took the car with him/them. It was restored by Cleyon Loonsfoot (white '62 Savoy drag car MOPARCLEYON) of Riverside, CA but originally from Missouri. Here's a picture of your car in my garage before I moved all my Mopar stuff in it.View attachment 657030

Good information but not my car. Just one that I had seen for sale. Beautiful car!

Good information but not my car. Just one that I had seen for sale. Beautiful car!
DSC02415.JPG
Wow. Ok I agree. Here's a picture of the engine compartment of Nick's old car. Unreal that there are 2 restored to this level of detail. Nick's car has the lettering "Can You Dig It" in red brush paint behind either the left or right tail lamp panel applique. That was done by a factory worker when it was on the assembly line.

View attachment 657066 Wow. Ok I agree. Here's a picture of the engine compartment of Nick's old car. Unreal that there are 2 restored to this level of detail. Nick's car has the lettering "Can You Dig It" in red brush paint behind either the left or right tail lamp panel applique. That was done by a factory worker when it was on the assembly line.
That car is pretty much perfect!!

Pretty amazing footage from way back when drag racing was wild and wooly...

I agree! Got both my 63 Savoy 4 door slant six stick and 63 Sport Fury convert 383 4 speed tucked away for the winter!

DSCN2306 (2).JPG DSCN2303 (2).JPG DSCN2322.JPG

Just reread this whole thread:screwy:.1st i'd like to show how the grille came out.5.7 hemi here knocked out the dings in the headlight bezels,polished it all and repainted the black details.
I have this car 30 years and the nose is the BEST it's ever looked!!:)
Can't tell you how happy I am with Zack's work! PERFECTION!!!!!!
7.1.18 grille 007.jpg 7.1.18 grille 008.jpg 7.1.18 grille 018.jpg 10.22.17 066.jpg 7.6.18 003.jpg 7.6.18 004.jpg 7.6.18 005.jpg 7.8.14 020.jpg 7.10.18 009.jpg 7.10.18 010.jpg

Last year at Lebanon Valley Raceway I had a great weekend of racing,maybe the best ever with Ralph and his SUPERCAR series.He is kind enough to let me tag on to the back of the pack where I mostly make solo passes.I am NOT a competitor and can't cut a tree with a chainsaw but for a streeter I have it moving pretty good.1st vid is my bestest EVER,,,,for now.

Few others while taking baby steps.....

Different angle of the same run.

And someone shot from on top of the tower!

At the end of that week end I had made 10 passes.Starting in the 9.8s Saturday on pump gas we got it down to 9.70 @ 140mph.Sunday we changed pulleys,added some more octane and went from 9.6 down to 9.3 @ almost 147 MPH.Fantastic weekend!!! One of the track officials came down Sunday when we were done and BBQ'n skirt steak,came over to me and put his hand on my shoulder.He thanked me for coming and commented on how well the improved during the weekend,,,,,,then he smiled and said,,,,,"don't come back without a parachute":rofl::rofl::rofl:

So over the winter I redid the interior with new door panels,new seat covers and a chute.OH,and new door sill plates! They look as good as the grille:bananadance:

1.26.18 030.jpg 1.26.18 031.jpg 2.13.18 004.jpg 2.20.18 022.jpg 4.25.18 029.jpg 4.25.18 032.jpg 4.25.18 033.jpg 4.25.18 035.jpg 4.25.18 036.jpg 4.25.18 040.jpg

Last edited:
While the panels were out I was bored so I swiss cheesed the door panels and removed the cast iron master cylinder with a strange init.Also installed the polished grille!
Was only able to get to a track 3 times this year as the budget was not there.Did NOT have a good year racing............:(

2.13.18 003.jpg 2.16.18 019.jpg 4.25.18 045.jpg 4.25.18 046.jpg 4.25.18 049.jpg 5.12.18 035.jpg 5.12.18 038.jpg 5.12.18 046.jpg 5.12.18 047.jpg

you still left alot of metal on those inner doors , mine are wack'd out completely and just a reinforce bars to support the window and door mech's . and i went to electric hotrod window lifts , way lighter . and quarter windows are stacked in place , interior panels cover it all .
05190025.jpg
Scan0046_0046.jpg

I hear ya Pomoma,The last thing to do is remove the rear window regulators and fix the glass to stay in place.I'm legal to 8.50 with no desire to go any faster:rolleyes:

You guys continue to give the '63 Plymouth it's legendary status from days gone by. I have a '63 droptop that I restoed to more of a cruiser adding some modern things to make it drive and handle better than it did from the factory, added disks, firm-feel, larger tires, head-rests (my old neck surgery required the added safety), added a light bar console (from an old Lincoln). Went with rebuilding the original poly motor (way more than shoulda done), headers, 3" exhaust, 3:55's. Then body work and color change (it was white). My regret is the money and time on the motor wasn't worth it; I should a stayed with my initial plan to crate motor. Anyway it does run great...posted a pic that was handy before having a new top installed and the console idea I went with.

Console Ply 7 10 18.jpg Ply Garage b4 Top.jpg

Definitely we're damn near neighbors anyway! That pic sure looks like the old J-yard near Waupun...

Auto Transport Service
Back