• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

63 Only

Couple videos of our '63. In the first I raced another, faster '63. Cut a .004 light in final round an lost! He cut a .018...double breakout.

and I thought black was beautiful....lol..View attachment 583494
But NOT the grille,The front lost it's one year only personality:eek:
Just took it off a few days ago.

2.20.18 026.jpg

anybody remember this black 63 dodge that was out in Illinois area, sorry about the crappy pics.

20170901_153111.jpg

more pics..
45-1963-plymouth-max-wedge-drag-racing-2015-mopar-nats.jpg
63-dodge-race.jpg
66ul7.jpg
image86juws.jpg
IMG_0594a.jpg

the tightnuts car pic is of a car from SS magazine running 10.60's with a .060 426 wedge motor,, stage 3 wedge heads with stage 1 intake and 3447 carbs with a crane r280 roller cam . basicly the 427 chevy of the mopar world...hard to beat ..not much difference between then and now,,even with aluminum heads,,although there r exceptions obliviously.....

Last edited:
The Texas Outsiders,good group.I got to race with them in St.Louis.Got me hooked on N/SS for life.
I remember Speedy's Wedge from back in the 70's around the Pittsburgh area.

Please dont kill me! This is my first attept to post a picture. My phone wont work,im trying my tablet. IF it posts, most of you wont like it, but it is my moms 63.

20180308_145250.jpg

Gee - the '63 Chev looks bad. Looks like more damage than a shopping cart can do..

My personal B-Body styling preference is the '64 Plymouth but when somebody asks; "you wanna buy a Max Wedge"? and it's a '63 you don't exactly kick it out of bed! POMONAMISSEL is that a 300J or 300K? If it's a J I have your original distributor in my MAX

Do you happen to have an approximate date on your last picture, Mister-Wedge at Fremont?
the car was listed on ebay awhile back for 135000.00..this is what they wrote..original block bored out to stock 440..4.320 pistons installed..the following is the description..i believe the driver in the pic was bill Riddick of Salinas ca..who owned it at that time..
1963 Plymouth Other description
1963 Plymouth Savoy Max Wedge with one of fifty Aluminum Packages produced by Plymouth for 1963. This car has quite a history and is currently in mint showroom condition. When I bought the car about 20 miles were put on it from 1973 to 2014, the odometer is now at 6,595 miles, I put about 55 miles on it. I researched it and found a prolific race history and literally is the "ole lady from Pasadena with her shiny, red, super stock 'Plymouth'". The car was originally shipped to Milne Bros Plymouth in Pasadena and then transferred to Al Roberts Plymouth in Garden Grove where it was bought by an employee who raced it throughout the 1960s, racking up win after win. The car was originally tuned at Hayden Profitt's race shop. It ran under Wild, Wild, Wedge and a few others and later Mr. Wedge. Then it was sold and with the help of Max Wedge guru mechanic/tuner Bob Hickman won its class at the Winternationals in the early 1970s. Then it was later sponsored by many including Rocket Wheels racing at Lions, Irwindale, Salinas, Santa Maria, Sacramento, Vernalis, & Fremont NHRA, Stock Eliminator with best of 11.41 @ 121 mph on 7" tires. It won it's class at the Hot Rod Magazine Championships in 1967 and 1968, and was fastest in class at HRM in 1969. The Savoy beat World Champion Mike Schmidt in a factory backed Ford Galaxie 427 lightweight AA/SA at least five times. Around 1965, this car beat a 63 Plymouth lightweight and the owner decided to sell the front end, which has been on this car ever since. Complete ownership is documented back to the assembly line and verified by Darrell Davis and Galen Govier. It was in the Patrick McGroeder Collection in Phoenix, AZ and special invitation display car at Barrett Jackson and many publications. It's a gorgeous rotisserie restoration by Darin's Automotive-Precision Mopar Restoration in MN. Complete restoration and racing photos in a leather album along with folder with copy of titles back to 1973, service history, and factory build card. A piece of history.

Auto Transport Service
Back