• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

63 Only

those stock iron twin points units had a drive on them for that early fuel injection from bendix corp , it was used in the hipo cars and indust motors for a mech tach drive . ran them for years .

yes , i have a 62 300 405hp 413 console mech tach . but i have jones mech tachs also , the jones are more accurate . it funny that the jone uses a drive cable with a chrysler tang drive end .

SF1a.JPG
SF3.jpg

I got my 63 in 1971 when I was 16, I'm searching for a 62 D or P for a low budget street car.

i've got a hoard of j/m 's some moroso's , jones put alot of different names on there tachs . alot of likeness in the guts between them all . their the best tachs made .

thought it was pretty much a jones thing and then j/m , jones had lots of partners . but j/m was the best older school ones .

not mine..a car that sold thru mecum..original racer.not restored..they discontinued the link..
hte5.jpg

You may have noticed I powdercoated the grille and headlight bezels black,well I don't like it! It lost the one year personality of the 63 Plymouth,so I will clean up another out of the stash with a set of bezels.:realcrazy: The freshly painted bumpers will stay black:popcorn:

10.22.17 067.jpg 2.20.18 027.jpg img_08711 - Copy.png

You may have noticed I powdercoated the grille and headlight bezels black,well I don't like it! It lost the one year personality of the 63 Plymouth,so I will clean up another out of the stash with a set of bezels.:realcrazy: The freshly painted bumpers will stay black

and I thought black was beautiful....lol..
screen shot.png

I have two moroso labeled mechanical tachs, one manufactured by Jones instrument, one by jones Motrola ( not MoTORola). Same company i'm sure. Im still using the cast iron tach-drive electronic distributor i bought way-back-when, just not using the tachs, even though they both still work fine.

I have two moroso labeled mechanical tachs, one manufactured by Jones instrument, one by jones Motrola ( not MoTORola). Same company i'm sure. Im still using the cast iron tach-drive electronic distributor i bought way-back-when, just not using the tachs, even though they both still work fine.
and I am using a steward warner mech tach hooked to my MP electronic tach drive dist ..and a shift lite plugged into my msd7al2...the fbbo limiter plate has more settings than a msd pro billit dist..

Stage 3, can i get more info on the limiter plate you mentioned? I tried to do a search but due to my ineptitude, i got no results. (Please forgive, not trying to derail thread!)

not mine..a car that sold thru mecum..original racer.not restored..they discontinued the link..View attachment 583489
Old Carlin hines car pretty nice original paint & interior but the engine bay has a lot to be desired, it didn't sell last Jan at mecum but has been through a few others including next month.

Last edited:
Stage 3, can i get more info on the limiter plate you mentioned? I tried to do a search but due to my ineptitude, i got no results. (Please forgive, not trying to derail thread!)
Here you go.
s-l1600.jpg

Hey guys sorry for all my questions don't know to much about the forward look cars really digging them. Any one ever see a 8 cyl cap with the emblem on it? I have seen six but never a 8 before just got a good used one in and am curious, nothing about them I can find.

Auto Transport Service
Back