• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'64 330 Street Hemi build

Maybe its a festival of everything this guy?

herb_zps8c09baff.jpg

:icon_weed:Yea,OK

Lol. had to chuckle 'bout this one... See that right there is impossible because we KNOW they would eat each other after the fatty... :)

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe its a festival of everything this guy?

View attachment 133401

Lol!! Hey wait a minute, I had a suit jacket similar tho that. And yes, i was just as cool...

- - - Updated - - -

OK. Worked quite a bit on the interior this past week. couple of late nights especially when you leave for work at 3:45 in the morning. Needless to say I didn't get there at 5 AM like I usually do. Anyway, friday night we had to go to a mural dedication that one of our friends had down town so we (gary and I) could only work on the car about an hour and a half yesterday. this morning I slept in until ~5:30ish; we got a little stupid at a local restaurant/bar the night before, and hit the shop to finish off the panels, arm rests, levers and cranks, wipers and drivers outside mirror. Here are all the shots I took before and after a first trip to the gas station. Should have gotten one at the pump. oh well. one old guy and his wife came out and looked at it a bit and asked the usual questions; "What year is it, What model and of course he had a brothers, girlfriends, uncles, cousin that had one in tan." Maybe he did, who knows. he was nice and his wife said thanks for taking the time to talk. Not something you get much these days....

The stick is in the trunk because when we set the torsion springs we didn't hit the right slot. again, something to adjust, no big deal...

What's left? back seat trunk divider, package tray button paint, hood and scoop, trunk mat, sun visors 330/440 wheel center and horn ring, driveshaft loop,... i think thats all. the rest is tuning. Suspension, rear tires, Fuel sending unit, (Gauge not working), interior turn indicators, (not working).

I just looked, It's been a year and 6 weeks since I started this project.... crazy....

Attachments

• first trip819.jpg
    first trip819.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 692
  • first trip820.jpg
    first trip820.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 691
  • first trip821.jpg
    first trip821.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 677
  • first trip822.jpg
    first trip822.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 685
  • first trip823.jpg
    first trip823.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 675
  • first trip824.jpg
    first trip824.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 691
  • first trip825.jpg
    first trip825.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 694
  • first trip826.jpg
    first trip826.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 679
  • first trip827.jpg
    first trip827.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 694
  • first trip828.jpg
    first trip828.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 679
  • first trip829.jpg
    first trip829.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 690
  • first trip831.jpg
    first trip831.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 682
  • first trip832.jpg
    first trip832.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 671
  • first trip833.jpg
    first trip833.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 670
  • first trip834.jpg
    first trip834.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 674
  • first trip835.jpg
    first trip835.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 669
  • first trip836.jpg
    first trip836.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 679
  • first trip837.jpg
    first trip837.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 667
  • first trip838.jpg
    first trip838.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 679
  • first trip840.jpg
    first trip840.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 689
  • first trip841.jpg
    first trip841.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 674
  • first trip842.jpg
    first trip842.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 681
  • first trip843.jpg
    first trip843.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 666
  • first trip844.jpg
    first trip844.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 690
  • first trip845.jpg
    first trip845.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 666
  • first trip846.jpg
    first trip846.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 669
  • first trip848.jpg
    first trip848.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 669
  • first trip850.jpg
    first trip850.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 676
  • first trip851.jpg
    first trip851.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 668
  • first trip852.jpg
    first trip852.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 682
  • first trip853.jpg
    first trip853.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 660
Great looking car & an awesome job on the restoration.

Just plain fantastic. It does my heart good to see such a build!

Cheers from Tokyo.

Just plain fantastic. It does my heart good to see such a build!

Cheers from Tokyo.

Thanks 747.... Was always curious, I would assume all major towers have english speaking flight controllers. Can't imagine the airlines that fly into them have to handle the language issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Stopped by to pay Gary for the interior and all I got was.............................

THIS REALLY COOL T-SHIRT!!!

Gary is on the pit crew and had Roland sign a shirt to me. This will get framed an go in the shop!!

Attachments

• insurance908.jpg
    insurance908.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 608
  • insurance909.jpg
    insurance909.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 597
Damn, cool car, knows and as the best guys working on it, and to top it off, gets a signed t-shirt. Yeah, I'm jealous.

Thanks 747.... Was always curious, I would assume all major towers have english speaking flight controllers. Can't imagine the airlines that fly into them have to handle the language issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Stopped by to pay Gary for the interior and all I got was.............................

THIS REALLY COOL T-SHIRT!!!

Gary is on the pit crew and had Roland sign a shirt to me. This will get framed an go in the shop!!

Great shirt! Yep, English speaking controllers throughout the world. However, some speak it better than others. Seems to work.

more testimony to the effectiveness of molasses dip. front side glass out and turn signal brkts which will be etch primed and bumper coat. Before and after (i have a couple sets). the vent window frames polished. windex to clean the windows first then a comet paste to polish the glass as best it can be. a few deep scratches that wont come out. and as you all know, DO NOT MIX THE COMET AND THE WINDEX! learned that early in life. (like 7).

Please elaborate on the comet paste to polish the glass. Does it work as well as Eastwood's product? Can you use it while the glass is installed or does it need to be removed? I'm learning a lot from this thread.

Sure,

no, it doesn't work as well as eastwoods product since it doesn't have silica in it. What it does do is clean off all surface dirt, stains, rust, etc... so you can see what you are dealing with when it comes to scratches and mars, glass delam's etc. i should have elaborated a little when i said "polished the glass the best it can be"... with comet. The eastwood kit will take out the surface mars and seal marks but not deaper scratches and I did use eastwoods product on these windows later in the project.

Mine were out when i used it. keep in mind Comet is BLEACH and it will discolor or possibly eat through certain fabrics and vinyls.

Sure like that color outside, but then I'm a little biased. Good to see you didn't change the color, nice to see something other than black or red. Nice Job!

Having a 330 myself I have been following your progress and I am really excited to see the finished car. Out here in Ca we go to a lot of car shows year round and you just don't see the 330's....great job so far....keep the updates coming..

Chuck

Sure like that color outside, but then I'm a little biased. Good to see you didn't change the color, nice to see something other than black or red. Nice Job!

Thanks. Or the "aqua" / light blue that you usually see.

- - - Updated - - -

Totally awesome resto' and so cool to see such work saving another old one ... :headbang:

Thanks Polara. Can't imagine how rare these are across the pond. there aren't that many here anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Turned out awesome. I love the look of the all business custom deep rear wheels with the caps. Looks real mean.

Thanks Chicken. It turned out better than imagined. the deep dish rims are a carry over from the days of building models in my room before I discovered girls and Budweiser... oddly enough now I'm "blessed" with all three; hot wife, Bud in the fridge and a real muscle car. life is good...

- - - Updated - - -

Having a 330 myself I have been following your progress and I am really excited to see the finished car. Out here in Ca we go to a lot of car shows year round and you just don't see the 330's....great job so far....keep the updates coming..

Chuck

Thanks Chuck. I read the earlier posts about your car. Had a couple 392's early on although none the caliber of your build. Really appreciate Gen I Hemi's. The '62/'65's have a certain look that, I think, is timeless.

Very nice 64, I was curious as to why you left the antenna with the radio delete?

Good catch, was wondering if anyone would say anything! :) At the time of the picture, the radio was out at a shop in Florida being converted to FM, iPod capable. I got it back on friday and installed it Saturday morning. It works great along with looking and functioning as the stock unit did. To change modes you simply turn it off and back on within a second and it switches from AM to FM to Aux. Input (in this case the iPod)...

Can you hear the radio? I suppose the windshield install helped a bunch! ha ha ha

I really dig the personality and the stance!! The only problem is being limited to 11.50n the 1/4.:toothy12:

Auto Transport Service
Back