• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 Fury Wiper pivot mount

Mo Schouvillier

Local time
12:02 PM
Reaction score
Well, after many years of leaking, the area where the left (Driver side) pivot mounts to is all but gone. Will I have to fab something up, or does someone have this piece of a donor car? I would thing this could be a common problem, maybe someone makes a repair piece? Asking for a friend............

Well, after many years of leaking, the area where the left (Driver side) pivot mounts to is all but gone. Will I have to fab something up, or does someone have this piece of a donor car? I would thing this could be a common problem, maybe someone makes a repair piece? Asking for a friend............
Jim Kramer probably still sells the correct patch panels to repair that issue, although I cut the top panel to use the OEM wiper penetration area as it wasn't quite the same. Probably the only option.
Mike

Sherman Automotive in Detroit makes these panels. There is the top panel, that you see, and the lower one, that you don't. If the top panel is rusty, you can count on the lower piece being worse. The wiper pivots bolt to the lower piece. These pieces are kind of crude, but there is nothing else out there. The panels that various vendors sell are all Sherman ones. As other post says, they are not really correct around wiper post opening.

Can you take a picture of what specifically you need? I have a rust free 4 door fury that still has alot of good metal that can be sectioned. I only used the floor and quarters. Not a big deal to cut out what you need for you.

Auto Transport Service
Back