• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'64 Hemi Dodge Solid motor mounts

Local time
2:01 PM
Reaction score
I searched the 62-65 thread for input on this. Nothing that I saw. Anybody have an opinion on preferred vendor for solid Motor Mounts. Going to a Blown Injected Hemi in the '64. I doubt the rubber ones will live.

thx

Hi 2059, I think someone had a set of Milodon solids on the moparts "used parts for sale" forum last month. We don't have a hemi............. yet, but it looks like that's where were going. I like solids and we use a Schumaker torque arm also. good luck.

Can you make them yourself? Never did that for a Hemi engine but it's not hard to do on a wedge but the Hemi doesn't look all that hard to do. Anyways, might take a look at Tin Man Fabrication.....Summit carries them but might be cheaper from Tim Man himself? They are 250+

Thanks cryply and cranky. Took 64 Post's suggestion. jumped on mancini's site and ordered both. be here tomorrow.. engine should be here on friday. I'll post some pict on the build thread.

I use a solid mount on the 440/493 in my 63 but I only use a solid mount on the drivers side. I found a guy on ebay selling them for the bigblock wedge but its been a long time ago and dont remember who it was or if he had solid Hemi mounts. Ron

Thanks cryply and cranky. Took 64 Post's suggestion. jumped on mancini's site and ordered both. be here tomorrow.. engine should be here on friday. I'll post some pict on the build thread.

You may have to get a bit creative mounting the torque strap if it's the same type I used, but seeing your mad skills in the build thread I have complete confidence in you. :headbang:

Have you considered Poly-Loc mounts plus a real torque strap (not a chain)?

I dont know Dave as I saw one of my friends torque strap break. ?? Guess thats why I stick to a nice shiny piece of chain for back-up as I have used a small piece of chain since the 70's and it always worked good. Sometimes I paint the chain with cast blast stainless steel as I dont want the chain to rust so it wil stay nice looking. You can see where I bolt it to in this pic and you can see my solid mount.
Hey how as your trip back to Denver ?? Everything go good ? Ron

411248205.jpg

Was he using a std. rubber mount, Ron?

Trip was smooth, no problems.

That I really dont know. I know he bought it from Schumacher's. When will you be coming back Dave ? Ron

couple ways to get there I guess.. Chain, strut and bushings, plate. Went with the strut and bushings.

That I really dont know. I know he bought it from Schumacher's. When will you be coming back Dave ? Ron

Every part has it's limits, I guess. A torque strap is only a threaded tube with heim joints on both ends. One could use a beefier tube or larger heim joint or shorter rubber bushing as needed.

Sounds like the torque strap may have been taking the brunt of the shock instead of the mount. It's hard to tell from here.

I'm kind of curious to see if a blown, injected Hemi is going to overpower this set up. I know a few people that run this combo on their early B, 4-speed, Hemi cars without an issue.

Unfortunately, I may be heading back at the end of this month. That's not good news for getting the Savoy back on the road though.

- - - Updated - - -

couple ways to get there I guess.. Chain, strut and bushings, plate. Went with the strut and bushings.

With a car of that quality I can appreciate your desire to keep the mods as few and as 'stealthy' as possible.

I guess it can boil down to money also. The torque strap looks real good but it cost alot more then a piece of chain. I figured as long as I can make the chain look nice it should be fine since my budget seems to always be tight. Ron

I searched the 62-65 thread for input on this. Nothing that I saw. Anybody have an opinion on preferred vendor for solid Motor Mounts. Going to a Blown Injected Hemi in the '64. I doubt the rubber ones will live.

thx

i have the schumacher solid mount on the driver's side since '07. my engine dyno'ed at 828 hp and i release the trans-brake at 4500 rpm, so i'm definitely stressing it. i check it every winter for cracks, etc. and to date it is showing no signs of wear. the schumacher torque strap looks like a quality piece, but i personally do not like the look of a torque strap or chain.

What about Schuamacher racing,,, I believe they make motor mount conversions etc along with solid mounts,,, I may be wrong, but worth checking them out..

Auto Transport Service
Back