• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

65 Belvedere heater hose placement

Timmayy

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:07 PM
Reaction score
So I'm looking around for engine pics for my 65 Belvedere wagon. I am putting in new heater hoses. Problem is that I've found pics with the heater hoses going either way. Manifold to #1 nipple at firewall and water pump to #2 and vice versa. The only difference is that one is a 273 and the other a 318 poly. I wouldn't think it would make a difference. What is the correct way?

023_4.jpg

1965-plymouth-belvedere.jpg

The more I look at the top one, it looks like the hoses do cross. But it's difficult to see with the snorkel in the way.

Yes I did find one in the FSM. The two hoses do cross over each other.

Does it matter?
In and out of the heater core, either direction.

Reading other posts, it seems that some say it doesn't matter. I would assume that those that don't drive in the cooler weather probably don't need it. Others say it does make a difference when using the heater/defroster.

On the 66/67 cars, after looking at old photos and magazine prints, I came to the conclusion the factories didn’t even always do it the same way.

Auto Transport Service
Back