• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

65 Belvedere II

Ceedawg

Local time
9:24 PM
Reaction score
Just throwing this out there for opinions. I have a 65 4 door in great shape, I have a 64 2 door post car in very bad shape that I can cut the back part out to make the 4 door into a 2 door. Skill in doing this is no problem for me.
What do you think?

Just throwing this out there for opinions. I have a 65 4 door in great shape, I have a 64 2 door post car in very bad shape that I can cut the back part out to make the 4 door into a 2 door. Skill in doing this is no problem for me.
What do you think?
Time, and money(cost) ultimately control the decision. If you are anxious to get the car done, and drive it, there are some nice rollers around now, for what I see as fairly priced. The older you get, time spent outways cost...

I'd have started on it already.
Pulled it out from behind shop, been there about 5-6 years. Little 273 started but gas tank is stopped up. I put some 17” Magnum steel wheels on it, real plain Jane

It's hard to cut on them. When I bought this one I was planning a Hemi, 4 speed swap. It was all good until I pulled up the factory floor mat and then discovered a totally mint floor. At that point I knew I wouldn't be able to cut a hole in it for a shifter. I have looked at a few 4 doors and thought about converting them but haven't pulled the trigger yet, I think if I had the 2 door stuff laying there it would make it easier.

64 savoy.jpg

I’ve been thinking awhile on the change, going over where to cut and patch with the least amount of problems.

Do a search thru the archives . I swear some member did a complete step by step on a B body here.

Go to Fourms,Exterior body paint. Type in 4 door to 2 door in the search bar.See if anything comes up.

Why not just use 4dr instead of converting? Easier to get friends or kids in and out. Plus, haven't you heard, more doors are the new fad.

Auto Transport Service
Back