• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rotiserrie

RSZ28

Local time
3:42 AM
Reaction score
I noticed that the car in the 62-65 section labeled Polara body work, was mounted on a rotisserie without any bracing. Can this be done? I'm planning to put my 65 Belvedere II 2 dr HT on a rotisserie to add subframe connectors, torque boxes, do some minor body work, and clean underside. Should I use some bracing to reduce flex or will it be ok without? Worried about fitment of doors, hood etc. Thanks

1 inch square tubing is not exactly cheap anymore, but for the relatively minor cost and effort, why risk it?

I would recommend bracing the door openings. Just reinstalling the doors will help. The knob that worked on my 1964 Polara convertible put my car on his rotisserie with no bracing, against my instructions. He contended that extra structure in convertible bodies was sufficient to keep the body from moving, and that I worried too much! When it came time for me to fine tune gaps at home, I had a heck of a time getting the drivers door to fit right, especially the vent window frame. I am sure the door opening closed up a small amount.

While still on its full suspension. I X braced the door openings, and X braced from side to side at the A Pillars and B pillars on my 70' Challenger before putting up on the rotisserie that I made, just to be sure.
I then lifted the car up with 2 engine hoists. Mounted it to the rotisserie.
Then I rolled it over upside down, unbolted all of the front and rear suspension from up top and lifted the suspension off in 2 pieces with the engine hoist.
I never even had to lay under the car to do any work.

I semi-weld the connectors in place with the doors on and lined up.......... after any metal replacement is complete.....then to the rotisserie without any additional bracing unless it's a convertible

If you have sub frame connectors in ni bracing needed. Just my cents

Auto Transport Service
Back