• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

65 coronet exhaust

69tri

Local time
11:52 PM
Reaction score
Anyone have problems putting exhaust on their car? Bought dougs headers and pypes stainless system. Applications for 65 coronet with 383. i massaged the header for clearance. I know they were $600 headers but I bought them three years ago and can't return them. So I have the headers in. I put the reducers on and go to put the straight short pipes that go to the x pipe and can't get them on because the header reducer is higher than the crossmember frame. It's like I would need some sort of s pipe to get me below the crossmember. Anybody use this set up or have pictures of their exhaust at the crossmember area? Seems unfortunate I have a lot of money in this system and can't get it together

Pictures of where your would help. Seen threads with this problem but finding it? Searh exhaust installation, maybe you'll find something. I looked in a thread but it wasn't what you need. A problem like yours need pictures. My 65 Coronet 3" tti.
1965 Dodge 011.JPG
No name headers.

In that picture your headers are lower than your crossmember frame. Mine are higher. I found out that tti has a set of offset header reducers. Hedman also makes a set that are longer and offset. Going to try the hedman set. Was hoping to find something in stainless. Will take picture tomorrow and post it

Auto Transport Service
Back