• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

65 coronet k frame

dan brooks

Local time
6:10 AM
Reaction score
I have a 65 coronet with a small block k frame, thinking about going big block, what year car should I be looking for to replace k frame with big block part that would bolt right in? how do those conversion kits from schumaker work if I stay with the small block k frame?

Small block V8K member same as big block V8 K member I think the mounts might be the same too.

K frame the same but you need BB motor mounts.
Go to Thread "Engine, trans & drivetrain" click on that the first thing listed is a sticky thread about converting engines. It lists other thing you need to do, but no big deal.

73 maybe not water pump housing. You didn't mention what year the motor and engine brackets came from so I'd keep watching posts.
Go to my post #4 and go to the thread I mentioned, it explains what you need to know.
I re-read the post I mentioned and it's confusing and there seems to be a contradiction.
It says get a BB block K member if you have a 73 or newer, why if SB and BB they are the same?
From what it says if it was a 72 engine no problem.
I think guys with more knowledge than I, will chime in.

Last edited:
Ok, i see the mounts and where to get them, where do i get the brackets that mount to the motor from that mount??

Auto Transport Service
Back