• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

65 Ply Satellite

Pretty sure that would of been the base seat.

Ok - Thxs. Every picture I bring up of a Satellite has bucket seats. Just wondering. Thxs again.

The Satellite was the top trim model, like the Coronet 500. As far as I know buckets were standard.

I only remember seeing 65 Satellites with bucket seats.

See if you can find info on the Hamtramck website.

Satellites had standard bucket seats and console. Belvederes had bench seats.

Satellites had standard bucket seats and console. Belvederes had bench seats.
Were Satellites only 2 door in 65? I thought some were push button with a bench. I might be wrong.

Satellite was kind of the "sport" version of the Belvedere, line. They came as a 2-door hardtop or convertible. They came only with bucket seats and console. 1964 was the last year of pushbuttons at Chrysler Corporation. Although 1965 cars still had a cable shifted automatic, they were activated by either column shifter (Belvedere) or console (Satellite).

Thxs. for all the good info. I certainly appreciate it. I'm a Chevy guy turning Mopar later in life. I had a hunch the Satellites only came with bucket seats. Looking at a 65 Belvedere II 2 door Hardtop, 4 speed, bench seat, but I don't really care for the side trim. Love the bench seat, 4 speed, but the exterior side moldings are not my favorite. I'm sorta a purist and I think I would have reservations about removing the moldings and filling in the holes. What is You guys take on that. Thxs for chiming in. Anyone know of a good original 65 Ply Bel I that's affordable. Thank You All.

I would leave the trim. 65 was the first year for the slip yoke also. They are great cars. Perfect size. They ride handle good.

I believe the satellite was Plymouth's version of the dodge coronet 500. The 65 belvedere/satellite is one of my favorite Mopar body styles.

Same here. My first car was a 64 383 Sport Fury which is still my overall favorite primarily because of the 4-gauge dash pod. But every time I saw a nice 65 Satellite my affection would start to wander a bit.

My 500 was originally a bench car. The PO added oe buckets in. Over time the floor tore/cracked where the buckets we added in. The floor didn't have the reinforcements for buckets on the backside, only bench.

Auto Transport Service
Back