• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

650 HP and 720 ft lbs Torque...6bbl ! 512 Stroker 11.5 CR

Your words here are very conflicting, IMO
The builder who I wanted to do my RB Mopar is not available.
The local builder, who did our 421 Pontiac, was up to that job, because the deficiencies I listed were not a factor for that build. When the time (money) comes for my RB stroker build, I would like to have it done by someone with a dyno, 6bbl tuning experience, and experience doing a 6bbl stroker build in the range of power I'm looking for. If my local guy had a dyno, that alone may make him a good choice. Ultimately I may choose him for the positive things he brings to the equation.
Does that help?

The local builder, who did our 421 Pontiac, was up to that job, because the deficiencies I listed were not a factor for that build. When the time (money) comes for my RB stroker build, I would like to have it done by someone with a dyno, 6bbl tuning experience, and experience doing a 6bbl stroker build in the range of power I'm looking for. If my local guy had a dyno, that alone may make him a good choice. Ultimately I may choose him for the positive things he brings to the equation.
Does that help?

When I'm looking for a guy to bring the best possible ideas and solutions to the build (cake and eat it to like you're wanting), by default I'm looking for the guy that by his nature is driven by technology, latest developments, data, testing and experience. No offense, but if your guy does not even have a dyno and flow bench, there is no way I would consider him for building what you are wanting.

Thanks BSB67.
One of the current frontrunners is Carolina Machine Engines. They offer a (gasp!) WARRANTY and are up to the task of the build, dyno equipped, and willing to work with some particular parts I want to use like a specific cap and girdle kit.

How about a voice of reason here? I worked the counter and shop of a well known West Coast speed shop for a lot of years. I've seen my share of "pie-in-the-sky" customers who spent loads of time (ours and theirs) and money wanting to extract the maximum amount of horsepower and torque from their engines, no matter what make. What kind of a drag car or boat were they going into? None. They took those engines and installed them in a STREET car. They had street tires. They spent most of their time between idle and 2500 rpm. Eventually, they ran like crap due to lack of maintenance and tuning.
It's fun to bench race and talk about "what-ifs", but unless you're building the engine for a RACE CAR/BOAT all that horsepower and torque will be a waste of money on a vehicle PRIMARILY driven on the street.
I know this will fall on deaf ears, just like our efforts to try and talk our customers into "reasonable" builds years ago. There is no need to try and extract every bit of power from an engine that won't be used to its potential by being used in a STREET car.
If it's only for bragging rights, have at it...JMO

I know this will fall on deaf ears
Not at all...
In the 4+ years I've had my car, my 1320 track days are few and far between.
As I have added performance parts or new parts like adjustable shocks, etc I like to go to the track to test and adjust.
My close friends (since we were teenagers) going back to the 70s have cars they have recently upgraded or are about to unleash on an unsuspecting public (BWA-HA-HAAAAA) like my best friend's 87 Widebody Conquest...with a single turbo 2JZ 6 cylinder!
The point is that I will be making more trips to the 1320 as things move along, and there is a competitive spirit between us, and those who show up at the track.
So I have this car to have fun with, and that definition will change as I spend more time at the track.

Does that help?
Can’t you find a local dyno to use? Maybe the dyno shop can tune the 6 pack.

I don’t really get it, the only tuning you’re gonna do on an engine dyno is tuning for WOT and maybe a little bit of part throttle. If you use a shop that has BBM headers and EGT’s in each tube it’s pretty basic. You already have jets in the outboards so it should be a non event. It’ll still need work once it’s in the car. Just the way it goes.

Auto Transport Service
Back