• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66-67 Belvedere/Satellite and Coronet Interchange

KnuckleDuster

Local time
7:15 AM
Reaction score
Hey folks! I am looking for body parts or a parts car for a 67 GTX, and finding more Coronets than Belvederes or Satellites.

I would like to find out what all body parts, and other parts will interchange between them? Some are kind of obvious, but some may not be. It seems like as hard as it is to find parts, a good thread on this might help more people than myself.
Thanks for your input!

Doors and the roof will interchange.
Fenders and deck lids are different for Dodge and Plymouth. Also 66 are different than 67 for the two.
Hoods are different for Dodge and Plymouth.
66 and 67 rear bumpers are different. Think that Dodge and Plymouth used the same rear bumper but the fronts are different, I think.
Gauge cluster are different.
Sure someone will have more to add.

As far as internal body parts go. Floors, frames and firewall/cowl are the same for all 66-67.
Think quarters are one year and model only.

Moparmarks, the bumpers are very different Dodge vs Plymouth. Plymouth rear bumper same both years. Plymouth Front unique each year because of park lamps.

List of different parts 66/67 Plymouth: Taillights, 1/4 extensions, deck lid, fenders, hood latch support, grille, hood chrome, headlight bezels, Dash frame, cluster bezel, heater control plate, wiper arms and blades, hood ornaments, heater box, master cylinder, prop valve, dome lamps. And the quarter window tracks are radically different.

Floors, firewall, inner fenders same.

Quarter skins same on Plymouth, but the area where. taillight bolts on is a smaller size on 66 and taillights, extensions mount different.

Yes the window trim inside and out is the same. Dash knobs, radio, glove box liner, radio, speaker, antenna, console chrome, lights, and trim, all same 66 to 67 Plymouth. Except the brake warning lamp Plymouth 66 to 67.

Console bodies different 66 to 67. The lower dash chrome on 2 doors is different 66 to 67 dodge, and Plymouth and the column half round trim. Window crank handles differ 66 to 67. Fender turn signal indicators all different 66-67 coronet, charger and Plymouth.
Steering column, steering wheel, shift lever, TS lever, TS switch, and lower cover different 66 to 67.

Interesting fact, 1966 and 1967 B-bodies with 318 cid has a 727 trans, not like all 68-70 small block b-bodies.

Conclusion, the cars SEEM so similar but there are more different parts than interchangeable parts.

How do I know this? 35 years of owning the same 67 GTX, 30 years owning the same 67 Coronet R/T and Satellite. Only owned one 66 Satellite, but I have been junkyard scavenging these cars for all this time to learn these things.

Last edited:
Hey folks! I am looking for body parts or a parts car for a 67 GTX, and finding more Coronets than Belvederes or Satellites.

I would like to find out what all body parts, and other parts will interchange between them? Some are kind of obvious, but some may not be. It seems like as hard as it is to find parts, a good thread on this might help more people than myself.
Thanks for your input!
There's a pair of doors for a 67 Belvedere for sale on bismanonline.com

What parts do you need? I have a bunch left over from the '66/67 Belvedere build

66 Belvedere Fenders will bolt onto a 67 however the headlight buckets are different. 66 is single headlight and 67 is dual. You have to do some heavy modifications but you can make a 67 into a 66. Ask me how I know.

Coronet to Belvedere interchange must keep it same year, already outlined many 66 to 67 changes above. Sheet metal the same is doors, roof and glass. Window moldings inside and out.

All brakes and suspension, K member, but it can differ by engine size.

Most of the interior small parts, column, steering wheel, kick panels, pedals, sill plates.

Underhood parts are the same, master cyl, brake lines and prop valve. Gas pedal Assyrian, All wiring harnesses are different other than neutral safety, wiper motor, and battery cables.

As above there are Dodge to Plymouth differences and 66 to 67 differences.

Doors and roof (well unibody) are the only true 4 way interchanges.

I believe 66 and 67 Plymouth quarters are the same.

Dodge is different because of the 67 simulated scoops.

Great info guys! Keep it coming if there is more.
Some stuff I knew, some I suspected but wasn't sure, and a lot more 66-67 differences I am just learning.
Very useful, and much appreciated!

Doors and the roof will interchange.
Fenders and deck lids are different for Dodge and Plymouth. Also 66 are different than 67 for the two.
Hoods are different for Dodge and Plymouth.
66 and 67 rear bumpers are different. Think that Dodge and Plymouth used the same rear bumper but the fronts are different, I think.
Gauge cluster are different.
Sure someone will have more to add.
Rear bumpers are different too. I make fiberglass bumpers and have 2 different molds--Dodge--Plymouth

K members are same for small block/big block. Hemi k member might be different as well as slant 6.

@BeepBeepRR We did the same but reversed, put the '67 GTX grill assembly onto the '66 inner metal and as you said, not the same and fabrication required as we also have a roll cage in the engine bay.

And of course, Sled City Fiberglass makes bumpers trunk, hood, & fenders and plenty of bolt on scoops

I have a !966 Dodge Coronet 500 with a cracked up steering wheel. Does anyone know if the steering wheel is the same as other 66 Dodge/Plymouth models? Polara, Monaco, Fury etc?
Thank you.

I have a !966 Dodge Coronet 500 with a cracked up steering wheel. Does anyone know if the steering wheel is the same as other 66 Dodge/Plymouth models? Polara, Monaco, Fury etc?
Thank you.

The C Body wheels might bolt on but they have a deeper offset than the B Body wheels. I believe the '67 B body wheels will fit a '66. Also the '64 - '67 wood grain wheels fit. I searched for years for a nice wheel for my '66 and finally bit the bullet and had it restored.

Auto Transport Service
Back