• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 67 Charger Stance

oldmangarth

Local time
1:38 AM
Reaction score
I'm concerned about getting the right stance on the car so I'm not too keen on just buying parts and hoping. I prefer level with no gap between the tires and wheel well. Tires filling out the well with some of the top covered. Definitely hard to visualize in my head with this unusual body style so need some room for adjustments if necessary. Does anyone have some best practice approaches? Can I assume torsion bar adjustments will be sufficient for front end needs? Perhaps some wheel/tire/suspension (leaf/spindle +-) combos that work well? Can I assume torsion bar adjustments and leaf re-arching can bail me out? Maybe there's a good thread of pics representing different combos. Just trying to keep it simple as it's easy for me to get lost in the weeds :D

Spring assisted rear shocks will help out…I have them on my 69….torsion bars on front works fine…..that’s how mines looks….as you describe what you’re looking for…

Not the best picture, but I think this seems like what you are talking about. 17 inch rims with the tires pretty much evenly tucked into the wheel wells.

IMG_20211017_084953.jpg

Not the best picture, but I think this seems like what you are talking about. 17 inch rims with the tires pretty much evenly tucked into the wheel wells.

View attachment 1188763
Hard to tell from pic but seems close. Do you have the specs for your setup like:

- Wheel offset
- front/rear tire size
- leaf spring configuration
- front suspension configuration
- etc.

Spring assisted rear shocks will help out…I have them on my 69….torsion bars on front works fine…..that’s how mines looks….as you describe what you’re looking for…

Which shocks do you have?

Here is another picture, still not the best angle though. The tires are 235/55-17. The rims are 17x7. They are zero offset so the backspacing is around 4 inches. The rear springs are stock, and I adjusted the torsion bars to get the front even.

IMG_20200919_145208.jpg

skully3.jpg

This was done in the late 90's Rear springs with a 2'' drop from stock.17'' wheels and 40 profile tires.
Front torsion bars lowered to shaved lower control arm bumpers. Ride was ok but more for looks.
Only photos I have. You can look in Hot Rod Archives around 1997-98 for more photos.

Nailing the stance of a car can be a challenge. Right tire size, rim choice, offset, rake etc. Kind of like having the right shoes to go with your tux or a hot chick wearing Jimmy Choo's as opposed to wearing clunky school marm shoes when in a little red dress.

Nailing the stance of a car can be a challenge. Right tire size, rim choice, offset, rake etc. Kind of like having the right shoes to go with your tux or a hot chick wearing Jimmy Choo's as opposed to wearing clunky school marm shoes when in a little red dress.
Exactly. And then someone throws in relocating the rear axle at least 1" back. Never would have thought that that was an issue until I saw pics of how close the tire can be to the front of the wheel well when trying to fill it up. Wonder how many people actually do it, what the pros/cons are, and just how much more tire you can throw in there afterwards.

At least I'm learning. Trick is the minimize the redo's as eliminating all of them can be tough.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back