• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'66 Belvedere II Vert - WIW

dfrazz

Local time
11:09 AM
Reaction score
Found a car that caught my eye but not up on value of these Belvedere's. RH27E VIN, originally 318 now 440 RV motor with new heads and warmed cam, pwr brakes/steering, restored 6 yrs ago with patched qtr and new trunk pan, new legendary interior. Only reported issues top is good but shows some wear, rear window good and clear, reverse light out, speedo sticks but guy has new one.

67df432424e3e5b99e47829e3190a974.jpg

b87a68fe611fb8142b59d0768761123e.jpg

04dab8e197e2f582156477fa7b66aa26.jpg

29bd9d8d4881a7eb8712f013b33a4ff9.jpg

551f6e7eb1b9528471ee0bce44aa598f.jpg

e6b6b92a5404223637b8aeb16dbdc995.jpg

a0f07c4da15b73d76c0f1ceef71e390c.jpg

bfe4b054735560b971d2ffa969b6e6c0.jpg

That's tough, without seeing it.

Convertibles are notorious for having the floors rotted out in them . . . leave the top down, rain, hold the water under the carpet . . .

ask me how I know . . .

Really depends on what you think it's worth and what you're willing to pay for it . . . it looks good ( but so did mine until I started peeling away all the bondo )

A GTX interior in a Belvedere II, aftermarket wheel, non-original exterior color, 440 vs 318...It's no longer anything close to original, so you have to look at that aspect of the deal. Rust is a BIG deal, especially since very few repair panels are made for the '66 - '67 "B" cars, period. I've owned two '66 - '67 Chargers, seven Belvederes and one GTX, plus over a dozen Coronets over the years, to include three convertibles and one wagon. What is the car worth to YOU? All I can say is a car is worth what the buyer and seller agree to, no matter what that car is. You think the price is high? Counter the seller. What you might consider "high" I might consider just right, and vice versa.

Very clean, but subjective due to un-original combination of parts.
I'd guess 15 k is fair if the car can drive anywhere as it sits, maybe 18k if the finishing of the installed parts is clean and appears to be factory.

For the record, that's a 66 Satellite interior, but the back seat is interesting.

Satellite should have had the fiberglass "high back" panel. which IIRC makes the frame and cover different as well.

Was the "cowboy" interior an option on the 66 Bel II?

For the record, that's a 66 Satellite interior, but the back seat is interesting.

Satellite should have had the fiberglass "high back" panel. which IIRC makes the frame and cover different as well.

Was the "cowboy" interior an option on the 66 Bel II?
I don't think so, even though things like the fake wood steering wheel and the spinner wheel covers from Satellites could be ordered on a Belvedere II.

That isn't a factory steering wheel. Its a nice car, but you are going to need to look at it as "if I need to sell, what can I expect to get?" Tastes are subjective and that's the drawback to a "personalized" car like this. Ten would be my max all-in on the car.

That looks like a Grant steering wheel, original was a thin rim, with a unique Plymouth sailing ship logo in the pad for the horn, reduced to a sharp point similar to the hood ornament only pointy-er,
and set in a kind of Chrysler turbine car kind of bronze background.

Personally I'm having a hard time with the Valiant wheel covers, but heck, my 66 Bevedere II convertible came wearing PONTIAC wheel covers...and I forgave it.

Door panels appear to be from a later model as well.

I'm personally not a big fan of HIP colors on 66/67 unless they're 66/67 "pre-HIP" colors like turbine bronze or corporate blue.

Auto Transport Service
Back