• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 Hemi Coronet 440 Value

Fullthrottle303

Local time
3:49 PM
Reaction score
I'm looking at a 66 Coronet 440 with a Hemi. Trying to get an idea of a fair price. It is an original Red, Hemi, Auto, 2dr HT car. The original hemi block is not with the car but the casting number on the current block is 2468330-1. Under that number is D N RL. Top pad is stamped BH426, 1-17-09. VIN is WH23H67243577. This is a correct engine for the car, despite not being the original engine for the car? Car is in pretty good shape, looks to be worn original interior, decent exterior respray in the correct color' original worn engine paint. Drives fine. Nice and clean underneath the car. Looking to buy a car I can drive a couple thousand miles per year, would like to not lose money if I am ever forced to sell. I daily drive a 67 GTX currently. Thanks for any help!

Without pictures it's hard to estimate. Wild guess high 50's to low 60's.

Really nicely done version brought a good buck a few years ago.

As said fender tag and BS add value. BH is a 66 motor, 1-17-09 I believe January 17th 9 engine assembled that day. Look on fender tag in lower left for SO below that there are 3 numbers OR a letter A or B or C and two numbers. Those letters A=Oct, B= Nov and C= Dec. That will tell you approximately when the car was built. Value $52k to $57k

As said fender tag and BS add value. BH is a 66 motor, 1-17-09 I believe January 17th 9 engine assembled that day. Look on fender tag in lower left for SO below that there are 3 numbers OR a letter A or B or C and two numbers. Those letters A=Oct, B= Nov and C= Dec. That will tell you approximately when the car was built. Value $52k to $57k

Without seeing quality pictures to assess a reasonable condition.
I think Fran nailed it pretty close.

If the car presents itself really well in person. He might even be a touch on the low side.

Mid / upper 60s and up....seems to be the norm right now for anything factory Hemi car. Regardless of body style.

That red Coronet has been for sale for over a year , at least .
No idea why it hasnt sold. but my gut tells me it has issues not mentioned

There was / is a dark blue 1966 hemi satellite avail as well. similar money and I was told that car has frame rail rust to some degree
You have to look at everything, they are sometimes for sale for a reason.

You have to look at everything, they are sometimes for sale for a reason.

Agreed,

last year I ALMOST went to look at a red with black interior 66 Satellite in Texas before I bought the one I have . ( I made the right decision btw )

I know someone who inquired about this car and they were told of the frame issues , at least they were honest

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284466350175?

Like I mentioned its hard to get any hemi car right now for anything under 60k , UNLESS you get real lucky or it has issues

Nicely done. The picture that stuck out to me is the painted over VIN tag. Another is the take on an increased capacity oil pan. What other corners are cut? Not a 95K build IMO.

ID numbers 069.JPG
Don't know if they Changed VIN tag in 67 but it doesn't look like my 66. @Jerry Hall is that a 67 VIN tag or anyone with a 67 Dodge.

1966 VIN tag has rounded corners and a bead stamped all around the edge.
A 1967 VIN tag is flat with square corners and a black painted border.

It has a 1968 shifter handle. Has an extra bend forward 4” from the top.

9B42A30E-FFD2-47D0-BBC1-42AA8FD7AD15.jpeg 67B0C204-52F5-4DC1-8B74-EDEEE97D5926.jpeg

Look at the door panel attachment, yuck! 5B55798F-0A25-47A7-9F29-EED6F4E1ABA3.jpeg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back