• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 Satty/Belv. wiper question

66plysat

Local time
10:29 PM
Reaction score
I have a crazy problem.

Prior to removing and replacing my 318 engine, my windshieldwipers worked fine. The wiper wiring plug was plugged into the top slot of the wiring block on the firewall. I removed the engine, repainted the engine bay and a new 440 engine was installed by a professional Mopar engine builder and mechanic. He also replaced the firewall forward wiring harness. Here lies the problem....

The heater blower is not electrically connected at this time. The wipers currently turn on only when you push in the heater switch and turn the heater fan on. The wiper switch has no effect on controlling the wipers function. None of the underdash wiring was touched/altered/changed, neither were the underdash firewall wiring blocks The wiper motor was professionally rebuilt and simply replugged into the firewall wiring block top position. Why would the heater controls now affect the wipers function when the wiper harness was not changed or modified with new engine harness. I'm stumped

The bulk head wiring of the new engine bay harness was not wired correctly. Apparently the wiper and heater wires are reversed.

Auto Transport Service
Back