• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Belvedere: Oil Pressure Switch Wire

robertheath

Local time
2:38 AM
Reaction score
It looks like there was a wire connected to the oil pressure switch. The wire is now just hanging there and the end is bare, no connector. I assume it was like this when I bought it. Am I correct in assuming that wire should be connected to the switch? If so, how is it supposed to be connected. My Belvedere has a 318 in it.

I think it's a greyish color but I'll have to double check. Some of the wiring looks like it was hacked together so I don't know if that's the original wiring.

I have a 68' Coronet and its also a grey wire. I'll post what my switch looks like. It attaches to the connector on the top on mine.

Attachments

• P1000339.jpg
    P1000339.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 226
I used one of those push on connecters and attached it to the round head on top of the oil pressure switch, it seems to work correctly now. The light comes on when I start the car then immediately cuts off. Hopefully I never lose oil pressure and find out if it REALLY works!

I used one of those push on connecters and attached it to the round head on top of the oil pressure switch, it seems to work correctly now. The light comes on when I start the car then immediately cuts off. Hopefully I never lose oil pressure and find out if it REALLY works!

I CAN HELP,,,
I'll sell you a numbers correct 1967 318 from a 1967 Satellite (CHEAP) for a spare to replace yours when your oil PSI light doesn't glow in time...LOL!!!!

:hello2:

if the sending unit is small like the pic someone posted....thats the connector to use. if the sending unit looks like a BIG BELL....the connector slides onto the unit. grey wire is the idiot light wire.

Auto Transport Service
Back