• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Belvedere Package Tray replacement....Hows it done????

Belvedere418

Local time
11:10 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys,I just bought a new package tray for my 67 Belvedere and was looking for some insight on how it's done. Is it as easy as pulling up the old and setting the new one in place or are there any clips that need to be removed? Thanks for the help.

Hadn't done one in years, but I think I took the back seat back out and it slid out towards the front of the car.

Probably a bit different than my charger but Greg nailed it for my process. My tray slid just under my rear window trim, under my sail panel edges, and is held in with the back seat.

My sedan had two buttons which are clips that need to be pulled up. You can also push them up from inside the trunk....remove the seat and the rest is pretty straight forward.

Great, thanks guys. Now for the next question. How does the rear seat back come out? Again I appreciate the help.

There are two hooks on the floor pan that hold the seat bottom down. Get in the car, push back and up on the bottom of the back seat bottom and it should come up. Pull it out, and you will see two bolts that secure the back of the back seat. Unbolt those, pull up on the seat back to get it out of the slots at the top, and you should be good to go. There are other threads on removing a back seat that might have pics.

Hopefully,you can get the top of the seat out far enough to replace the package tray without completely removing the seat back. Complete removal of the seat back is easier if you remove rear armrests too.

Removing a seat bottom is kind of an art.

You have to push down and back kinda slow and firm and then sharply pull up and then quickly forward.

Sometimes you have to kick it back, then pull up and then out (towards the front of the car).

Sometimes it takes a couple of tries.

IIRC the back hold down near the bottom of the wheel wells is bolted on 66-67 and folded over on 71-74.

I have a 68, so I don't know of it is different, but once you take out the seat back, there are two clips with a single phillipshead screw holding it on. Pretty Self-explanitory.

Auto Transport Service
Back