• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Coronet build thread

Reds are the most expensive.

Reds are the most expensive.
I'm slowing down. working until midnight all week and going home for diner then back was getting old. body was felling it and I was getting tired of people not really knowing what they want. I feel like Ive spent my life sanding and building cars 24/7. time go's by way to fast

I'm slowing down. working until midnight all week and going home for diner then back was getting old. body was felling it and I was getting tired of people not really knowing what they want. I feel like Ive spent my life sanding and building cars 24/7. time go's by way to fast
I used to burn the candle at both ends and realized the wick is only so long. You definitley need to slow down and take care of yourself and enjoy life for the little time we have here. Kids and family grow up , grow old way too fast...I can't beleive it's already Dec 2...seems like it was just Labor day...

Mike paint it octane red! I love that color, my dart is ruby red metallic which is a ford color I really like it.
028150BC-8BAC-4ABD-B4FF-345A24274904.jpeg

456A57E5-70F7-40FB-AFD7-F5A2727AAEEB.jpeg

Next to last pic, the bottom green(?). Usually see that on Darts, always looked pretty good on the Coronets,imho.

I like the Gold on the sample and Red of course but I'm a little biased. My first Coronet was Gold and my current one is Red as you know. What I can say for sure is that whatever color you choose will be enhanced by the prep work you did on the car, It looks great Mike!

I like the Gold on the sample and Red of course but I'm a little biased. My first Coronet was Gold and my current one is Red as you know. What I can say for sure is that whatever color you choose will be enhanced by the prep work you did on the car, It looks great Mike!
Thanks Ken, I really like the reds and maroons now...
Im thinking about just leaving it as is...the body looks flawless in that primer!!! :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

Next time your at the paint store check out Inferno Red and look at the sample in the sun. I think you will like it. I know it was on a 99 Durango but have seen it on later years on others.

Its a nice color painted a magnum that color. It would look good

Well haven't been around to much lately (my mind has been elsewhere)...progress has been slow but I only have the doors left to block. Then shoot a sealer and pick a color...
Put this out on FB to see what most thought and it looks like majority of people selected the gold....I was kind of suprised,, thought most would go with the red...
Pics are for reference only...beautiful cars!

FB_IMG_1553598259443.jpg FB_IMG_1553598251817.jpg FB_IMG_1553598234346.jpg

One thing I didn't mention on FB is that I have never been a fan of red and the two red vehicles I've had, both faded badly. One was base/clear and the other was whatever Mom used in the 60's....acrylic enamel iirc. However, dark burgundy metallic is on my list of likes.

Auto Transport Service
Back