• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Coronet build thread

They look great. The thing is that those of us with these 66-67's don't have the options that other do. When all you can get is a sub standard patch panel, the outcome is completely installer dependent! You did a fine job. She's gonna be a beauty.

Man Ive was dreading the right side, it really didnt line up that good, appears there was an old repair that i wasnt aware of and didnt catch until I started this body work...Anyway made some corrections and had reconstruct rhe body line....
Pita!!! 10x...

20180726_174212.jpg 20180726_174203.jpg 20180725_184537.jpg 545590-fb919d534d0fecd648f751c3a1dee789.jpg

Man do I know how you feel! That is exactly what I had to do, only on my driver side! Those body lines are only a quarter mile long so it isn't too bad! LOL

View attachment 630711 View attachment 630712 View attachment 630713
That looks pretty good!!! What a pain though, Im starting on my 3rd gallon of filler. The biggest obstacle has been me wanting to keep blocking...Ive cut through several times only to go back and put another layer on....
Got some goodies yesterday!

20180823_201408.jpg

Last edited:
Well the whole car is in primer everything is body worked except 1 door...getting so close!!! I guess I will be buying some hibuild next!!!!
Got the engine cradle x braced, oil pan clears and should have enough room to complete the steering linkage.

20180901_184921.jpg 20180901_184949.jpg 20180901_185644.jpg

Last edited:
Well I've always said I will usually hold out for a deal...the problem with deals is that they usually don't like to line up with priorities or financial sense...but....made this deal work.
Came across a guy w/new Wilwood D60 rear brake kit which goes for $900-1000 got it for $550...doesn't sound like a lot but it's pretty big to me.
I currently have Wilwoods on all 4 corners but they are the smaller/lighter Dynalite drag rotors & calipers. Which I will be selling when I get to that point..

IMG_20181020_085821.jpg

Last edited:
Well I've always said I will usually hold out for a deal...the problem with deals is that they usually don't like to line up with priorities or financial sense...but....made this deal work.
Came across a guy w/new Wilwood D60 rear brake kit which goes for $900-1000 got it for $550...doesn't sound like a lot but it's pretty big to me.
I currently have Wilwoods on all 4 corners but they are the smaller/lighter Dynalite drag rotors & calipers. Which I will be selling when I get to that point..

View attachment 669650
That sounds like a heck of a deal to me. Nice score!

Wow, coming right along and looking good!!! Body work is looking great:thumbsup:

Wow, coming right along and looking good!!! Body work is looking great:thumbsup:
Thanks, it's all in primer now...ready to shoot some high build and clean it up a bit...still can't make a decision on color though. That will probably be made at the paint store lol!
I've definitely had my fill of body work & am ready to start putting stuff together....plus I'm out of room for storing anymore parts....

Thanks, it's all in primer now...ready to shoot some high build and clean it up a bit...still can't make a decision on color though. That will probably be made at the paint store lol!
I've definitely had my fill of body work & am ready to start putting stuff together....plus I'm out of room for storing anymore parts....
Bolting things together is way more fun, I get it haha. Soon enough I'm sure.

Hey Mike, you planning on gong to the Conroe swap meet in a couple of weeks?

My winter will be spent doing bodywork. cant wait......
It's so much more fun in the summer heat though...lol!
I'm not sure but make sure your space is warm enough, I think the modern fillers have optimal temperatures they should be worked in...and buddy you have some not so optimal winter days!!!

It's so much more fun in the summer heat though...lol!
I'm not sure but make sure your space is warm enough, I think the modern fillers have optimal temperatures they should be worked in...and buddy you have some not so optimal winter days!!!
yep, space heater time.

yes sir ,you want to come up?
A buddy says he's going to come and git me....tie me up if he has too and go lol. I've had his 69 road runner here all summer working on it uh more like watching the dust collect on it.

Well had a beautiful day today, sprayed 2 coats of hi-build on the body and all the panels. Was going for 4 but shoulder was killing me and forced me to stop, pinched a nerve in my neck a few days ago...tried to get to a bone cracker yesterday but had no luck...
The hi-build is a lot lighter than the epoxy and gave me a different look of the body work. Over all I'm estatic...everything looked pretty good, and made me proud of what I've done . My F.I.N. couldn't believe how good it came out being my 1st time. I did find some spots in the wheel well lips I need to touch up though.

20181124_152250.jpg 20181124_152200.jpg 20181124_152219.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back