• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Coronet build thread

Thanks , y'all have a great time !
We rented a beach house in Destin for the week, the fam is excited...me meh...not much of a beach guy since my early 20s...
But if it keeps them happy...
Next year is going to be my choice, Yellowstone, Banff or Boston...na ... Probably not, they Wil get their way again! Lol!

Well I got my pan in, looking at the weather for the Gulf Coast seems I might be better suited staying at home and working on the car! The family doesnt buy it though...
Devin hope yall didnt get caught in any of the storm on your cruise! We leave Houston Friday morning, probably 1300 miles of rain!

3272.jpeg 3274.jpeg

Still got a few weeks before our departure, crossing my fingures! I'm scared to death of the Ocean so a big storm at sea will surely make me soil my britches!

Why is it we'd rather be at home burning our arms, breathing grinding dust and getting filthy? Never understood it but I'm always excited to be back home working in the garage.... makes no sense. It'll bug you all week knowing you've got a new floor waiting on you haha.

Lol! Ive never been the type to just do nothing, if I'm awake I have to be moving. Sitting on a beach is not relaxing to me, it is not in my dna. I like to finish something, grab a Dr Pepper admire/critique my work, then start again on something else.
Ive never been on a cruise before but have been off shore a couple of times and dont get motion sickness. If you are worried about it you miggt want to talk to your MD, I think they have a script that you start taking a few days before you leave thst will help combat sea sickness. I hope you have smooth sailing!
Me, it looks like the bad stuff will move out shortly after we get to Destin...I hope for the kids sake!

Lol! Ive never been the type to just do nothing, if I'm awake I have to be moving. Sitting on a beach is not relaxing to me, it is not in my dna. I like to finish something, grab a Dr Pepper admire/critique my work, then start again on something else.

I know exactly what you mean...my wife and I have had this conversation many times. She'd rather sit around in the sun, but I look for the shade and read a book on vacation, otherwise I'd be bored to death.

Well I got my pan in, looking at the weather for the Gulf Coast seems I might be better suited staying at home and working on the car! The family doesnt buy it though...
Devin hope yall didnt get caught in any of the storm on your cruise! We leave Houston Friday morning, probably 1300 miles of rain!

View attachment 437879 View attachment 437880
Destin or floor pan, floor pan or Destin.....that is a decision I am glad you have to make, lol...

Keep the progress coming when you get back Mike!

Last edited:
Im going to pick up a body working book to hopefully pick up some pointers!

Last edited:
I can't wait to see more of your project and I'm glad another Coronet will be saved and back on the road. Try and enjoy the beach and have a safe vacation.

Ive never been on a cruise before but have been off shore a couple of times and dont get motion sickness. If you are worried about it you miggt want to talk to your MD, I think they have a script that you start taking a few days before you leave thst will help combat sea sickness. I hope you have smooth sailing!
Me, it looks like the bad stuff will move out shortly after we get to Destin...I hope for the kids sake!
So far I've had no issues with motion sickness, just don't like being in the middle of nowhere
knowing there's Sharks in the water.... climbing down the food chain! Fortunetly with my kids being 8 and 10 on a boat with movie theatres, basketball courts, pools and water slides I doubt I'll get bored and will do very little relaxing. It's something anybody with young kids should try once, lots of fun.

I hear you on never sitting still, I tell the wife I need to park the car and don't come back for an hour...... might as well put up some more trim while I'm there haha.

Love'em! It may piss off some purist but my intent is to be a modified 500 clone, or as close as I can get it. The body molding is like hens teeth...
Did you decide on a color for yours GR?

cobalt blue w/ white stripes bordered by 1/8th pinstriping in red and black

Got me some jewerry today in the mail.... Or bling... If you want to call it that....:D

1505167977825-828011890.jpg

Well haven't done much on the old gal except buy more parts...
After a crappy 13hr day, I come home to find another goodie....

0918171837.jpg

Santa came a little early this year....got some goodies the last few days!!!

1021172035.jpg 1021172036.jpg 1020171733.jpg 1016171720a.jpg

Looking good mike; I love rwtly xmas presents. I got some today too but apparently today is sweetest day? So I’m an asshole now lmao

Lol! Me too, so I'm told, but I dont try to hide it, lol! I guess she married me for my looks!
She doesn't complain since I finished her mustang, & as long as I take her out once a month or so.
I'm pretty blessed to have her.

Auto Transport Service
Back