• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Coronet build thread

Lol! Me too, so I'm told, but I dont try to hide it, lol! I guess she married me for my looks!
She doesn't complain since I finished her mustang, & as long as I take her out once a month or so.
I'm pretty blessed to have her.
Ya I’m taking her out to a carnival/haunted house now instead of being in the garage. Think I’m out of the doghouse for now.

440 Source accidently sent me two wp pulleys..should get the crank pulley this week.

Ya I’m taking her out to a carnival/haunted house now instead of being in the garage. Think I’m out of the doghouse for now.
this is where your wrong....let them think in partially in the dog house...it lowers those dog house placing senses...lol

this is where your wrong....let them think in partially in the dog house...it lowers those dog house placing senses...lol
You’re right, I took your advice last time and handed her my phone to look at the forum, she handed it back to me after a minute and didn’t say anything

You’re right, I took your advice last time and handed her my phone to look at the forum, she handed it back to me after a minute and didn’t say anything
afasdfsdgsfg.png

Thats 2 beers you owe me!

Sometimes you just have to reassure them that the other woman has a big block and wears designs by Ma Mopar ...
AND....make them feel a little special every now and then....:p

Well I finished wiring the T bird, its at the upholstery shop now and when it gets back the only thing I have to do is plug in the radio and as controls in the custom underdash extension...
Looking forward to getting on with mine! Picked this up from a guy up in Ontario, old drag racer that used to make these on the side. He said it was his last set, I didn't like the way mine look like so I was looking at options..found his post from several years ago and decide to ask if he still made them and luckily he had these!

1114171651.jpg

Well my misadventure with the Gear Drive didn't stop me...
Bought the QA1 UCAs from Dave , very well packaged, shipped immidiately and perfectly described! Thanks man!!! Needed some good news, lol!
Sometimes I feel like the song Johnny Cash sang...one piece at a time...

20171204_181628.jpg

Well had hoped to have the old out and the new fitted up before my vacation ends...i don't know if that's gonna happen but the demo has started...

20171228_174914.jpg 20171228_121647.jpg 20171226_094905.jpg

Well did some more drilling out of spot welds, grinding and air chiseling...all of the floor is out except the pinch welds at the fire wall...that can wait until I get it on the lift.
Came out pretty easy, the spot weld cutter kit I bought had 15 dual head bits and I only used 2 1/2 to go through 100 spot welds...best $15 I've spent so far...
I was really happy to find no rust in the rockers, trans crossmember is solid!!!
Now the fun of wire wheeling everything and coating it before the pans go in...any volunteers????

20171229_171354.jpg 20171229_171347.jpg 20171229_153451.jpg

Nice progress mike, if I lived close I’d help out! I need to get my *** back in the shop soon

Also my buddy that I wired the T Bird for has started something out the firewall...thought I took some pics but can't seem to find them..

Thanks buddy!, I've been on vacation since last Friday with full intent on thrashing on this, but between breakfast with Santa, misc obligations yesterday was my first day out. I'm pretty happy with it so far...
Weve been chasing a gremlins in my fatherinlaws nova so that's been taken a lot of my time too...I think I finally have everyone convinced the problem is the pressure plate like I said all along... we've pulled the 6 speed 5 times in the last 3 days...

Thanks guys, I hope it will go relatively fast or at least to the point I can see progress every week...
Ive decided to strip it and do all the bodywork and paint myself, probably a quarter at a time since I'm only at the shop on Saturdays..I'm still undecided on a color though...Any thoughts? Black interior w/ black vinyl top...

s-l1000.jpg Liquid Brass.jpg Champagne.jpg Light Gold.jpg Tru Blue-600px.jpg Arctic Blue.jpg

I like the gold also........ if you are painting it in sections; do a fender, door, and quarter together; to avoid any slight mismatch down the side caused by the metallic............

Ya Ive really become partial to the top two...there still another color I like but have not been able to find a good sample, it's kind of a satin silverish green...
I'll strip and prime a little at a time and when it comes time to shoot I will make sure it's done all at once...Im not a pro like you dub but I like a challenge, spraying is really not a big deal to me and feel pretty comfortable doing it. I've had pretty good results in the past... but like I told you on the phone the body work scares me!!! Lol! I don't mind messing up and having to start over on anything but jeez the cost of the materials is crazy!!!

Being as I own a gold 67 R/T, you know that gets my vote! I like the first and last gold. Last gold is more true to original, but the first one really pops. I don't think you can go wrong with either. Gold will be more rare than the blue. You just don't see many around. Done up right it's one of the best colors IMO.

Auto Transport Service
Back