• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 coronet rt rear tire size

rickyh

Local time
2:49 PM
Reaction score
What’s the widest rear tire I can run on a 67 rt coronet? Would like to go with a 18 in rear and 17 in front.

IMG_0660.jpeg

Lots of info on here. I know I spent what felt like days searching and seeing what combos everyone had. I have one of these cars and you‘ll be hard pressed to get anything bigger than 255 under it. Assumes no rolled fender, air shocks, shackles, whatever. The 67 takes a ton of very precise wheel and tire measurements to make a big tire fit. Some say they can get a 275 under the car but I’m not in that camp.

A 275/60/15 with a 8 inch wheel and 5 inch backspacing is very doable. The wheel lip has to be rolled.

I had 255/70x15 on 8" rims that I made to centre tire in wheelwell. I can't remember back space. Even then, as the car moved around on its suspension, the tires were getting scuffed by the wheel well lips. I installed a rear sway bar to settle the rear end down, and that ended the tires getting scuffed. 1967 Coronet R/T.

Auto Transport Service
Back