• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 grill on a 66

Nope, guess again lol. That's the OEM deck lid, just cut down and a new trunk seal flange fabricated to the underside.it needs some more work still....
Very nice love the fab work on your car there wont be another one like it that what makes it even cooler :thumbsup:

WP_20161020_17_14_19_Pro.jpg
WP_20161020_17_22_02_Pro.jpg
WP_20161020_17_22_16_Pro.jpg
WP_20161024_16_07_42_Pro.jpg
WP_20170920_14_54_01_Pro.jpg

Way different looking. The Coronet ones are Argent with polished aluminum and the Charger ones are chrome.

67Coronet.jpg
untitled.png
6667charbez_03.jpg
top two are coronet and the last are the "C" chrome ends and you will need a charger center panel top and bottom.

I am working on fabing the surrounds out of Carbon fiber. Using the good drivers side ones I have a plug. If I can get it to work then Ill either get my passenger side fixed or try finding a better one that I can fix with body filler to use as a plug for the passenger side mock up. If I would have known it was going to be such a PITA finding decent surrounds I would have fabbed in a 68 style grill and lower support before I sent it to paint. Live and Learn.

I h
I am working on fabing the surrounds out of Carbon fiber. Using the good drivers side ones I have a plug. If I can get it to work then Ill either get my passenger side fixed or try finding a better one that I can fix with body filler to use as a plug for the passenger side mock up. If I would have known it was going to be such a PITA finding decent surrounds I would have fabbed in a 68 style grill and lower support before I sent it to paint. Live and Learn.
hear ya bud let me know how the carbon fiber ones come out

These surrounds, the R/T center grill piece, the 67 500/R/T rear trunk panel and light covers, and the wheel well edge trim seem to be the unobtainium for this car.

These surrounds, the R/T center grill piece, the 67 500/R/T rear trunk panel and light covers, and the wheel well edge trim seem to be the unobtainium for this car.
Found a refurbished set for only 1300 :rofl:

There is a local trim restoration shop here in North TX that quoted me 600-900 to restore mine to paint quality. Meaning probably another 4-500 in argent coating and chrome work so that 1300 sounds about right. I had planed on painting mine anyway because I don't like chrome on muscle cars so if I could just find one that is not bent and cracked in 50 different places Id be happy.

There is a local trim restoration shop here in North TX that quoted me 600-900 to restore mine to paint quality. Meaning probably another 4-500 in argent coating and chrome work so that 1300 sounds about right. I had planed on painting mine anyway because I don't like chrome on muscle cars so if I could just find one that is not bent and cracked in 50 different places Id be happy.
eBay 650 each

Well back to the car today need to finish the cowl and shaving the drip rail on the drivers side would of left the drip rails but the were rusted pretty good and i do like the look of them gone lol

Auto Transport Service
Back