• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'67 GTX INFO

TheCoronetKid

Local time
2:40 PM
Reaction score
being a new '67 GTX owner, trying to learn some things: mist of the 4 speeds I've seen have a factory looking "reverse lock out" style shifter, while mine does not........did any come without, ir should I think mine has been changed out?

Screenshot_20240109_164333_Facebook.jpg

Yes yours has been changed from an inland to a Hurst.

In 1967, I had to learn to shift the inland shifter in my Satellite, mainly because I couldn't afford a Hurst. I'm here to tell you they're not as bad as everyone proclaims. It's all about the driver.

Would have come with an inland shifter like stated above. They didn't have a great reputation from what i've read so lots of them got swapped for hurst.

If a gluten for originality there are inland shifter handles that can adapt to the hurst shifter unit. The lockout finger levers will be there - but non functional. My 66 came to me like this. I think I’ve seen them at Brewers Transmissions.

Please post some more photos of your car.

Inland shifters work great. I've got more than one and speed shifting is fine.

Trans has to be right, the shifter has to be clean and lubricated, adjusted and not worn out. And the driver needs to be familiar with how it works.

There is a video out there of a new 66 Satellite hemi 4 speed at the drags being speed shifted. They are running a Chevelle 396 and a 390 Fairlane also.

Yeah: Chrysler added cost by changing to Hurst later just for the fun of it.

Brewer's has a very nice Hurst shifter mechanism that you can bolt an Inland shifter handle to.

It looks stock but has better shifting quality.

Brewer's has a very nice Hurst shifter mechanism that you can bolt an Inland shifter handle to.

It looks stock but has better shifting quality.
I checked the brewer's site recently. This is not available.

Ah crap ! Call Dan and see if he gonna make some more.
It looks like brewer's package is a rebuilt shifter mechanism and the Inland adapter bracket. I wonder if the used shifters are in short supply.
The little adapter bracket isn't real hard to fab up

THe Inland shifter was like a broom handle in a 5 gallon bucket. And, that is when they were new. :lol:

THe Inland shifter was like a broom handle in a 5 gallon bucket. And, that is when they were new. :lol:
I replaced my Inland shifter with a Hurst Super Competition, with a conversion kit to keep the shifter handle.

Auto Transport Service
Back