• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 R/T... Back to Life

Console parts are in. Overall these are good parts, I just think they should look like jewelry for the cost. But, they are available and not like a lot of parts for this car.

I have the console tach so I had to do a little drilling. If this isn't something your comfortable with I would check with your local machine shop, they would make quick work of it.

Everything fits like the originals did. I haven't figured out how to make the rear console lid match up with the end piece. I looked at picture after picture of console cars and they all have some degree of misalignment. Good as it gets right now, if I tweak it to match the rear then the front gets all jacked up.
32098602857_5edd1bee33_o.jpg
46988264502_1966d7c87c_o.jpg

Console parts are in. Overall these are good parts, I just think they should look like jewelry for the cost. But, they are available and not like a lot of parts for this car.

I have the console tach so I had to do a little drilling. If this isn't something your comfortable with I would check with your local machine shop, they would make quick work of it.

Everything fits like the originals did. I haven't figured out how to make the rear console lid match up with the end piece. I looked at picture after picture of console cars and they all have some degree of misalignment. Good as it gets right now, if I tweak it to match the rear then the front gets all jacked up.
View attachment 717744 View attachment 717746
Looks very nice!

All the consoles fit together poorly....they were like that from day 1......When you fix one area it throws off another......

Yours actually fits very well based on the pics...

Thx. I can't figure out what part would be off. To adku
Looks very nice!

All the consoles fit together poorly....they were like that from day 1......When you fix one area it throws off another......

Yours actually fits very well based on the pics...
Thx. I messed around with the original one for a long time, they looked about the same. I guess the rear console mold was just tweaked a bit or something.

Are your parents still around? The car would sure bring back memories.
My mom is, my dad passed in 2008. Found some more old pictures...
This was the reason I went with the wheels, these looked like steel and chrome but the new mags are the closest match.
IMG_20180409_0001_NEW.jpg

Thx. I can't figure out what part would be off. To adku

Thx. I messed around with the original one for a long time, they looked about the same. I guess the rear console mold was just tweaked a bit or something.
A lot of times it is the hinge that needs to be tweaked, bent etc.....The other two pieces are fixed with limited adjustment....than the underlying culprit is the moulded frame and it is what it is at that point...

Mine also was tight. The door would pinch in the lower corners. I ended up shaving some black plastic off the inside corner to the back metal piece so that it gave me some wiggle room to let the door open / close much better.

Last edited:
I thought is just mine. I spent a lot of time tweaking mine. I thought that it was because it had been roughly treated through its life. I ended up heating up the plastic console parts and clamping them to adjust them. That worked well but yours looks as straight as mine now. I think that you did a good job.

^^^^ Thank You.

I had a couple minutes in the garage today. Over the last couple of weeks I restored the fan. This one is a steel center area painted black with natural aluminum fan blades. This is also a fan clutch setup. I had a hard time deciding what to do about the fan clutch. 1 - repaint and detail the original, 2 - find a service replacement that 'looks' close, 3 - pay $200+ for the almost correct repop. Well, I found number two after a lot of searching. This is a Carquest part from Advance a Auto for <$30 after discounts and free shipping. It looks the part, obviously not enough fins but it's aluminum in color and gold cad plated up front. For a fraction of the cost of a repop we're back in business. Belts are fresh from Rock Auto. I did the Quanta repop belts on the GTX and they were junk. They spun off at higher RPMs and I was constantly fighting with them. Late model, reliable, replacements are the route for me. Detailing on the engine is down to a PVC hose and a coil.
View attachment 589985
^^^^ Thank You.

I had a couple minutes in the garage today. Over the last couple of weeks I restored the fan. This one is a steel center area painted black with natural aluminum fan blades. This is also a fan clutch setup. I had a hard time deciding what to do about the fan clutch. 1 - repaint and detail the original, 2 - find a service replacement that 'looks' close, 3 - pay $200+ for the almost correct repop. Well, I found number two after a lot of searching. This is a Carquest part from Advance a Auto for <$30 after discounts and free shipping. It looks the part, obviously not enough fins but it's aluminum in color and gold cad plated up front. For a fraction of the cost of a repop we're back in business. Belts are fresh from Rock Auto. I did the Quanta repop belts on the GTX and they were junk. They spun off at higher RPMs and I was constantly fighting with them. Late model, reliable, replacements are the route for me. Detailing on the engine is down to a PVC hose and a coil.
View attachment 589985
Would you have the part number by any chance that you used for the clutch fan?

I’m not positive but it was either from Mancini or Rock Auto.

MREBU211049 Or Hayden 2706

Wow! Great car, great story.
Eager to see the finished copy.

Well my build thread wasn’t too far buried. Car has been out and about and seems to be running no well. I had a few things to sort out, mainly the radiator. Very long story short, I was able to use the original radiator and core. My radiator guy said there was a nest in the radiator and he got it out. Well, he didn’t get it out. Radiator had to be pulled and reflushed . I also got the original water pump rebuilt by Arthur Gould Rebuilders, got to say it was a very quick turn around and cost was very fair.

Also, almost had a disaster on a Friday afternoon here in York coming back for the street rod show. Normal Friday rush and I was cutoff by a work van, locked’em up and clipped a curb. Needed tire, wheel and alignment. No other damage thankfully.

Off to Carlisle on Friday and a Saturday. Should be the final break in test. Round trip for me is about 80 miles X2 days.

Here’s from a local 4th of July show.
08BAF173-E086-4A8E-864D-D9C83D991A14.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back