• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 R/T... Back to Life

Car is still coming together. Trunk is detailed and done. Jack and all parts are correct to the car, even have a tire that's the right one, 7.75x14 WSW Goodyear Power Cushion.

Original big wing nut and bolt were cleaned up and re-zinc plated. The mast for the jack was soaked in EvapoRust and then cleaned up with steel wool.

Only issue is Legendary or their supplier wrote the part number on the hard board cover for the spare in Sharpie. Thx Legendary:wtf:

View attachment 653016 View attachment 653017 View attachment 653018
Hello, is that jack original to your car, i have one similar to with a j mark on stamped into a rivet head but hook translate to 66 baracuda valiant.

Hello, is that jack original to your car, i have one similar to with a j mark on stamped into a rivet head but hook translate to 66 baracuda valiant.
It's supposed to be. Jacks are rather difficult to figure out in 67, no date code like later jacks.

. Yes it is thanks for help
Here are some better pics of the jack. Rivet has a 'G' on it.
45478080331_9618ae87f6_o.jpg
30537995277_9724317dc4_o.jpg
45478081691_e3fea2331f_o.jpg

Drove the car for about 20-25 miles today. Got the brakes all sorted out. Power drums work surprisingly well once they're dialed in. Grill looks pretty cool out in the sunlight.
31603679198_a343ecc93b_o.jpg
44564099625_f2cfc63cc2_o.jpg
45478081751_432a61dbeb_o.jpg

Here are some better pics of the jack. Rivet has a 'G' on it.
View attachment 670601 View attachment 670602 View attachment 670603
I noticed today that the jack i have when placed in the mounting slots in the trunk that you can slide it side to side almost like the jack is to narrow. My rivet marking is a j. Just another Sherlock Holmes investigation into 67 b body. I have another jack coming that is supposed to be the correct 67coronet jack assembly if interested i will let you know how that jack fits side to side in the mounting
Location in trunk.

I noticed today that the jack i have when placed in the mounting slots in the trunk that you can slide it side to side almost like the jack is to narrow. My rivet marking is a j. Just another Sherlock Holmes investigation into 67 b body. I have another jack coming that is supposed to be the correct 67coronet jack assembly if interested i will let you know how that jack fits side to side in the mounting
Location in trunk.
Yeah, let me know. Its definetly not snug in the holder. The upper U channel is supposed to have a felt in the channel. Thx!

The jack i have, base and body are black in color, i also have jack that is grey in color like yours, the jacking instructions decal in the trunk matches the black in color body and base. There are two jacking instructions decal one for early and latter cars that both show image resembling the black body jack. I have seen both, i suspect mopar used both for 66 67 model year cars. Additionally i never put jack in so i never even looked closely, but today i put jack in a low and behold the original piece of felt was still up there. Both jacks have plenty of side to side movement even with the felt. Seems to me like there should have been small felt square on the bottom channel also. Hey Thanks for your help theses cars tend to be difficult to find correct information on, virtually everything is 68 up. Thanks Danny

20181027_163526.jpg

Happy New Year. Not a lot going on here. I’ve worked at my rocker moldings and decided to try the OER repops. I can’t get the originals straight enough for my liking. I’ll post more on that and the clips when I get them installed.

In the meantime I made a little movie or slideshow with the restoration. Goes pretty quick, 3 min.

The jack i have, base and body are black in color, i also have jack that is grey in color like yours, the jacking instructions decal in the trunk matches the black in color body and base. There are two jacking instructions decal one for early and latter cars that both show image resembling the black body jack. I have seen both, i suspect mopar used both for 66 67 model year cars. Additionally i never put jack in so i never even looked closely, but today i put jack in a low and behold the original piece of felt was still up there. Both jacks have plenty of side to side movement even with the felt. Seems to me like there should have been small felt square on the bottom channel also. Hey Thanks for your help theses cars tend to be difficult to find correct information on, virtually everything is 68 up. Thanks Danny

View attachment 672595
That loop on floor a spring hook to that then to jack.
jack.JPG

Awesome video of the entire process! Love how it all came out!

Auto Transport Service
Back