• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67' rear speaker "FADER CONTROL"

MRMOPARMAN

Local time
8:53 AM
Reaction score
.... Can someone tell me where the rear/speaker fader dial is
installed on the dash of a 67' Belvedere ??
I have not seen one on any cars I've looked at on line, and I want to put rear speakers
in my car

Thanx

I believe it next to the ignition switch.... as per this photo...

66-67_GTX.jpg

67_Belvedere_features_options0001.jpg

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/_1967AccessoriesCatalog-01.shtml?load_img=8

OK, as I recall from my days in the parts department, (and let me state that I am never 100% sure of anything), the pre 68 cars never had a "position" if you will for a speaker fader. The package 2820917 which comes everything, speaker, switch, wires etc. or fader separately 2820568 and bezel 2820914. The fader just hung down through a hole in the bottom of the dash. Pointing down. Not the correct number but you get the idea ....
IM001781.jpg

That spot next to the key, if it is like the Coronet and Charger is the interior hood release. Again, don't hold me to the fire on this, I could be wrong all together on the Belvedere models.

..........the hood release on the Belvedere is at the front of the hood /grille area. If you look closely at the
picture of the dash , it does appear to say (rear speaker) on the chrome bezel and does look stock mounted next to the ignition area, however it still could be mounted flush (under) the dash area and still look stock. The wiring harness you are showing is identical to what I have to install. On my Chrysler Build Sheet....Option #42 indicates that a Rear/spkr Fader was available, however maybe on other models only ??

thanx
Kevin

Auto Transport Service
Back